Help set up my Ram quad cab with HU, Ipod, Amp & Subs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help set up my Ram quad cab with HU, Ipod, Amp & Subs

already installed in my ram quad cab are 7 infinity speakers (factory installed) and a indash 6 disc changer (blah)

My goal is portable mp3 player connected to HU, maybe controlled by wirelessremote, subbox hidden under back seat.

Biggest concern is the mp3 player to HU connection and control
    The thing is i want clean install, dont want a wire dangling from mp3 player, dont want wireless transmitter. I want to put it where it is visible clean or hidden, and control it from hu or remote - also want it to charge

Im thinking IPOD, since it is most notorious, either 4gb nano or 30gb, but I hear there can be some slowness navigating ipod from HU.

Whats your advice, I know there are a ton of possible options, but really i havent seen anything that is easy to buy and clean install.

I have seen products that allow it to connect to the HU with a wire and control box, but then you have your ipod out, like a cellphone with a carcharger, thats what I want to avoid.

Whats your thoughts
    have i overlooked something, what solutions are out there. Also thought about a carputer (on my wishlist), but can't affort all the gear and a lcd screen.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Trying to buy an amp, subbox (expensive since its vehicle specific), 1 or 2 subs, and hu, so cheaper solutions are better (really dont think i need a 400$ hu. MP3 player is gonna be a gift.

TIA,

Boyd

welcome! another ram owner! whoohoo!

i dont know much about the portable mp3 stuff... i do know alot about dodge ram sound system options.

i have a mtx thunderforms dual enclosure under my rear seats with 2 10" RF Punch stage 2 subs ran by a RF 6002 amp. the sound is amazing. your factory infinities are ok... i got my enclosure from supercrewsound.com. great price, fast shipping. get all of your other components from ebay. when mounting the amp, dont put it under the seat, put it behind the rear seats. if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
    2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
    Mac Mini
    6" Headrest monitors
    Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
    And another 15" LCD!

Comment

Thx bro, I was looking at the thunderforms, or the qlogic for the enclosure, also debated on the qlogic with only 1sub install, but i guess i might as well do two - go back and forth, about saving space.

I have a 2005 hemi as well, just got it and love it, had a 2001 single cab ram.

Having the quad cab is sweet. Plus we have a lot of room to hook up a carputer and accessories - thats why i know there has to be a good solution for the mp3 player.

Appreciate the feedback, I might hit you up on the install questions. Although I feel I am capable of doing the install, since its new, was just gonna have best buy or circuit city do the install - of course, those guys tend to be f'n mooks, as i have worked there before. The only thing I am nervouse of, is how/where did you run your power cable from the batter to the back seat

What price did you give for you enclosure

Comment

well, for the enclosure (dont tell anyone) but i ordered it without subs and when the box came from UPS it felt really heavy, there were two brand new subs installed in it for only $205 + $15 shipping.Sold the subs, and got punch stage 2s.

for the wiring, i ran 4 gauge RF/Monster positive from the batt, through the firewall, along the drivers side all the way back. It is super easy. I have a TON of cables running with it for all of my xbox/carputer/8 screens/inverter/nitrous heater/door poppers(shaved handles) etc...
        2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
        Mac Mini
        6" Headrest monitors
        Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
        And another 15" LCD!

Comment

hey viper! you know if mtx makes a sub box like urs for underneath my seats? i have a 99 escalade! cant find anything tho!
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

that link you sent me had your sub box listed for 339$. Crutchfield has it for 249$.

How'd you order it for 205$

TIA,

Boyd

Comment

Working...
            X