mp3's only playing on right speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3's only playing on right speakers

I think this might be a trivial issue, but I can't seem to figure it out. I am using Road Runner as my front end to play music. When I play music videos (mpeg files) I get sound out of all four speakers. When I play mp3's, I only get sound out of the two right speakers (FR and RR). I am using the Alpine DSP and a four channel amp, but I don't think these are the cause...its most likely a software issue. I was thinking that my mp3's might be playing in mono as opposed to stereo, but I can't see how that is configurable anywhere. I've checked in the road runner configuration and there is nothing...

...also, when I've been running the mp3's, I've been playing them off an mp3 CD using my slim-slot load CD-R/DVD player.
    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
    - Alpine W200/H701
    - ED Nine.2X
    - OZ Matrix Elites
    - ED Nine.1
    - Idmax 12's

have you tried playing the mp3's off of the HDD?
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Originally posted by binary.h4x
      have you tried playing the mp3's off of the HDD?
      I kind of figured it out...I tried playing them off the CD in Media Player, and they played on all four speakers. I then put them on the hard drive and played them in winamp, still only two speakers. I figured that it was a configuration in winamp, went through the preferences screen briefly, but didn't see any sound options

EDIT: Fixed it...went on winamp forums...just needed a plug-in
      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
      - Alpine W200/H701
      - ED Nine.2X
      - OZ Matrix Elites
      - ED Nine.1
      - Idmax 12's

Comment

Working...
      X