best subwoofer configuration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best subwoofer configuration?

I'm thinking about using two polk momo 8" subs powered by the polk momo c300.2 and a polk momo 15" powered by the polk momo c500.1 This way all the hard hits will be well covered by the 8" 's and the 15" can easily take care of the lows. I would like to use 2 8W7's and a 13W7, but I'm one poor mofo does anyone have any thougts on this setup, or recommendations?

I wouldnt Mix and match woofer sizes but thats just me. y not get 1 13 if you like JL's or get one really good Sub and get a better amp to go with it and save a few dollars
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
    Planning

Comment

A larger sub in an "A-B-C" box sounds quite good. It was my first sub box I built, I had a single 12" MTX 6000 in it, sounded great. Hit hard, and hit lows.
      Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
      Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
      Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
      CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
      NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

that could be a great setup.... IF you put the 8's in the front doors that is
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Yeah if you use the 8"s up front as midbasses it should work out well.
          2007 Tahoe
          Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
            that could be a great setup.... IF you put the 8's in the front doors that is
            I wouldn't be able to put the 8's in the front doors, I'm gonna replace the component speakers there, but the rear doors have coaxial speakers that I don't care too much about. The Jeep has components in the front, coax's in the rear doors and components in a sound bar in the very rear of the cieling above the back hatch. How hard would it be to fit 8" subs in a door when the speakers there are only 6.5", and I'm not sure how much mounting depth room I have. It came stock with infinity golds all around and some idiot put a sony xplod HU in place of the stock stereo. I am planning on doing focal 165 K2P components on the front and rear soundbar. I wasnt sure on what to do with the rear doors, but lets say I was able to put in the 8" subs, would that even sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by tt23boom
              I wouldn't be able to put the 8's in the front doors, I'm gonna replace the component speakers there, but the rear doors have coaxial speakers that I don't care too much about. The Jeep has components in the front, coax's in the rear doors and components in a sound bar in the very rear of the cieling above the back hatch. How hard would it be to fit 8" subs in a door when the speakers there are only 6.5", and I'm not sure how much mounting depth room I have. It came stock with infinity golds all around and some idiot put a sony xplod HU in place of the stock stereo. I am planning on doing focal 165 K2P components on the front and rear soundbar. I wasnt sure on what to do with the rear doors, but lets say I was able to put in the 8" subs, would that even sound good?
              Personally, I'd kill for 8's in my Doors. I'm fabbing in my 12" to the rear compartment of my Jeep now, I plan on trying to do some 8's, but I doubt I'd make it look descent, even with good glass work.

Go for it. Those Focal's are nice, so is your Niner!
              Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
              Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
              Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
              CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
              NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

to put 8's in the doors would be a lot of work, & probaly also require custom doorpanels or at least partial custom doorpanel work..... the 6 1/2's will be much easier..... but not nearly as much impact..... for a stock door this might be a good thing, as a vibrating inner & outer skin, & a resonating door panel aren't a great recipe for good sound....

if you did put 8's in the doors, & dampened everything as well as sealed everything the difference is amazing though... much better overall bass response & a better meld of front stage to rear... without rear bass localization..... can be done definately, but not an amature job if you require a professional apearance...
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

if you're going for awesome spectrum coverage with the 6.5's... do as turbocad suggested and sound dampen your entire car. it helps alot with sound resonance and it wont take two 8s and a 15 to get huge bass... a couple of 12s would be more than enough.

i suggest secondskinaudio.com for their products... i read a bunch of reviews and this stuff is awesome. i'm also on the forums over there trying to get my discount lol
                  My Site: http://www.reinerweb.us
                  My Car : http://members.cardomain.com/reiner15

Car Computer Alias - TekPC
                  Current Progress - - Brainstorming

Comment

Working...
                  X