06 vw passat wiring harness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 vw passat wiring harness

does anyone know where to get a wiring harness for a passat? the 06 is a brand new model, and the other models' harness doesn't fit the new passat. i've checked circuit ****ty, tweet-her and best buy. thx

Well since I don't know the body style, if it has dynaudio or not. I can't realy help ya but chime back with the information. Or head over to www.crutchfield.com add your ride, and look up the harness.

Comment

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4Diqzhc...sp?i=120709003

this is what it gives me for a harness, but i talked with a rep from american ??, i think american industries, maybe, they do install kits for tweeter. i talked with a tech rep and they said the 06 is a new system, they will research it after they get back from the CES. then they have a 3 to 4 month turnout for production. you'd think they would have worked on the new 06 models for cars (not just mine) when they came out in september.

think it's time to just hack the factory harness.

Comment

I dunno man, I don't like hacking any harness. See if you can get a wiring diagram before you hack it up.

Comment

well, now i got the harness, the 03-05 harness works with this model. but the ***** is, the unit doesn't power down when i shut the car off. the aux power is connected, at least the red to red is connected. the illumination doesn't work either (orange wire). everything is connected as far as i can see, the speakers power on, the antenna works. i hate my life.

Comment

The red and the yellow connect to the same thing. What do you mean the illumination desn't work ?. Regarding the unit not powering done, that sounds a wire ain't in the right place. Mind sharing some info on your unit.

Comment

yellow connects to constant 12v, red is accessory-turns on when the key is inserted. if the red is connected to constant 12v, then the unit is always on.

it's the avic-d1

Comment

Looking at my head unit, red is acc+ and yellow is backup. That's on a rockford, on my clarion pro 645... i'm prety sure it was the same thing when I wired it up.

Comment

do you have an 06?

the yellow keeps things powered so things stay in memory, like time, last song played, last source, last radio station, etc. the red wire tells the radio to turn off when the key is removed. i know that. in a normal car setup this is true. but those damn krauts changed everything. the head unit isn't even a true double din. the illumination lead doesn't change the head unit's dimmer on and off, the red acc+ wire isn't working correctly either, because the head unit isn't powering down at all. i don't want to have to wire a switch to have to turn the head unit on and off.

Comment

No I'm refering to my own personal cars and trucks. Before ya wire in a switch, go yell at the dealership . Mebe wire in a switch to the igntion so that it works the same..

Comment

yeah piece of ****. the stupid ****ty car has no acc+ wire. i don't know how it works, the piece of ****. there's 5 wires- ground wire, 2, count them TWO, battery leads, and 2 wires that i don't know what they do. and then there's the speaker wires, 8 of them.

i used the old head unit, and just used the 5 wires

1. the head unit will power off with just these 5 wires
                      2. the head unit will light on and off with the headlight switch

when i apply a voltmeter to these wires, none of the numbers change when you turn the car on and off (except the voltages goes from 14.0 to 13.blah blah and drops to @ 12 and some change when i turn the car off, no alternator at work to keep the battery at 14) and no numbers change when i turn the headlights on and off. i've tried for 2 hours for every different wiring combo to get the numbers to change. which seems to me to be impossible that the head unit knows that the headlights are on or off without a voltage change, or that it's turning on or off with the key without any change in voltage.

here's another question. i found the crutchfield harness. it has just the yellow and black leads, and a red lead that has a long wire, not part of the harness. you need to wire the red wire to the acc+ switch, the ignition. how can i do that directly to the fuse box and not to the ignition itself. the ignition is a new key, actually the remote is the key, no "key" to the car, like other keys. no grooves, just a square that goes into another square. so i don't want to mess with that. prob sensors for chips in the key, and i don't have the patience for that. so is there a way to wire the acc+ to the fuse so the head unit will power on when the key is in the ignition?

Comment

bump

Comment

you could get a VW service manual for your car. a quick google search for "2006 passat service manual" the first link sells it for $99. probably can find it cheaper

Comment

Figure out which of your fuses runs something that only works with the switch in acc mode. Like power windows or rear defroster. Then tap off that, you can get an adaptor that slides over a fuse and gives you a male spade terminal that you can connect a wire with a crimped female spade on, feed that up and to your radio. If its important to you, you might also want to figure out which of the accessories do and don't drop out while cranking, and tap into one that doesn't drop out.

Comment

Btw, I think its common among all recent VW's that there is no true acc in the harness. It uses some weird pulsed line to turn it on and keep it on, its probably also used in the feedback for the speed sensitive volume in the factory radios.

Comment

Working...
                              X