How to hook up 5 speakers to only one plug on the VIA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hook up 5 speakers to only one plug on the VIA

I need some help connecting my SP13000 onboard soundcard to my factory amp. I have a factory sub installed in my trunk. I can't figure it out how to hook up 5 speakers to only one plug on the VIA EPIA SP13000 motherboard.

VIA EPIA SP13000 clams to have 6 channel audio.

Thanks.

This is detailed in the manual. If you don't have the manual then download it from VIA's website.
    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
      This is detailed in the manual. If you don't have the manual then download it from VIA's website.
      I mean how to physically split one 3.5 plug from the motherboard to 5 speakers?

Comment

You don't. You use the plugs that are otherwise used for microphone and line-in for the other speakers.

Read the manual.
        EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
          You don't. You use the plugs that are otherwise used for microphone and line-in for the other speakers.

Read the manual.
          Thanks for your detailed help.

Comment

Look in the manual

RTFM! Page 21
            install audio drivers, click Vinyl Audio icon to switch modes. As stated, line in and mike jacks change to output channels
            ~Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution VIII
              Thanks for your detailed help.
              It amazes me, how some people just have to be spoon fed. Geez, how hard is it to go to VIA's site, and d/l the frigging manual. If you aren't sure how 5.1 channel sound works on motherboards, you would think you would be reading the manual front to back.
              WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
              Webpage

Comment

Working...
              X