Wiring ignition line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring ignition line

So I was thinking about this last night because this project has totally emcompassed my conscious and unconscious thought patterns continuously, I have 2 devices that need to use the ignition wire to determine when to start.

I have an amp in the trunk that needs a delay to start after the ignition line goes high.

I also have an M2 that needs to start, but without the delay.

What type of wiring and/or relays and devices would I need to power such a situation?

What should I use to split the ignition line to drive those two devices?

Thanks for your help!

M2-atx?

or what m2 are you talking about?

if you're not talking about the m2 power supply, you should look into getting either it or a power supply that has the amp turnon delay built in (which the M2 does)
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
      M2-atx?

or what m2 are you talking about?

if you're not talking about the m2 power supply, you should look into getting either it or a power supply that has the amp turnon delay built in (which the M2 does)
      I am talking about the M2-ATX power supply

Comment

ok - so then...it's already got an amp turn on delay built into it...IIRC

the M2 will turn on the computer only after it sees a regulated voltage coming in...

then it waits a but before it sends the turnon to the amps...thus the anti-thump technology

it's the same withthe M1-ATX in my car

no delay circuit wired into the car...it works like a charm
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
          ok - so then...it's already got an amp turn on delay built into it...IIRC

the M2 will turn on the computer only after it sees a regulated voltage coming in...

then it waits a but before it sends the turnon to the amps...thus the anti-thump technology

it's the same withthe M1-ATX in my car

no delay circuit wired into the car...it works like a charm
          Wow, I am an idiot and just read the directions. That makes a lot of sense :-P

Thanks!

Comment

np! it happens to the best of us!

good luck with it all!
            Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
            X