Cant get power to my amp...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get power to my amp...

Sup guys this is my first post on this forum and im having a little trouble with my new car.
    I recently bought a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl. and i had subwoofers and an amp from my last car which worked fine. I have a sony xpload 1000 watt amp (free from a buddy) and 3 rocksford fosgate 10s enclosed. I wired it all to my pioneer cd player which was also in my old car and odly enough it didnt work. So i checked all of my wiring to make sure i didnt make a mistake and it all looked fine. I noticed i cant even get power to my amp (the power light doesnt turn on) so i was wondering... could it be my battery or my alternator? I miss my subs help me out!!

ok dude...use a DMM(digital multimeter) and c if theres power coming from ur power wire...if tehre is its ur amp...
    btw sony amps arent good at all, sorry
    Bass is like cocain... ITS ADDICTIVE
    couple days till i have bump in da trunk
    _/---|____
    |_@___@_| <<===My lowrider

Comment

how much are those things... I know sony amps suck *** i got it for free so it doesnt matter much

Comment

check your HU ground and check your Amp ground

Video of My Sub- (playing Mike Jones- Guess Whos Back)
        RE SX12 at 35hz
        Resonant Engineering 12

Comment

DMM's u can get a decent digital one for 15-20 bux
          Bass is like cocain... ITS ADDICTIVE
          couple days till i have bump in da trunk
          _/---|____
          |_@___@_| <<===My lowrider

Comment

auto barn has them for $10. Gtot me one a ew weeks ago, digital.
            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
            Genesis has speed
            Genesis has class
            Genesis sent money
            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

did you runa remote wire?
              i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

yes i ran remote.. havent gotten a DMM yet but lets just say i got power coming from my battery. What would i do in this case where it isnt my amp thats broken?

Comment

Your head unit is the thing that powers your amp. When you turn on your head unit, then your amp should turn on with it. If your head unit is not getting power, than neither is your amp. Try and get your head unit working first. Make sure that all of the connections are correct and that you have the right head unit adapter for your car...
                  PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                  - Alpine W200/H701
                  - ED Nine.2X
                  - OZ Matrix Elites
                  - ED Nine.1
                  - Idmax 12's

Comment

heh theres really more to this than i though. I know how to wire a system so that its correctly hooked up because thats easy but i dont know about a head unit. not really sure what that is or where its located, can you be more specific please?

Comment

Your pioneer CD player in your dash...that's the head unit. Make sure that it is connected properly. The remote wire to turn on your amps....that should come from the CD player so that your amps turn on with the headunit.
                      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                      - Alpine W200/H701
                      - ED Nine.2X
                      - OZ Matrix Elites
                      - ED Nine.1
                      - Idmax 12's

Comment

ok that makes sense ill check that out

Comment

ok everything on my head unit is hooked up correctly, i had to higher someone to hook it up since i needed a door chyme module in my car. The Rem is hooked up right still no power. any other suggestions?

Comment

Well, now that' i'm AWAKE...

have you checked continutiy yet? Also, not to down your buddy, since that's how i got both my amps, are you sure there's no reason why you got it free? .

Your headunit doesn't power the amp persay, your batt does. Your headunit, through the remote line, tells it when to turn on. I think that's what 3ondubs meant, but i'm just clarifying,

That being said how's your connection to the battery? is it fused correctly? Just the fuse on the power cable to the amp from the battey. If you fuse is blown, you'll get no power. if you have no cable from the battery to your amp, i think that's about where you should start... .

Also, for the fun of it, check your grounds.

Finally, if that's all good, yoru power is there but your music isn't jumpin'...blame sony. They make craptacular everything IMO -and others- when it comes to car audio. Its like the retarded child in the sony family that for some reason, they show off.

Regardless, make sure your power cable is all good.
                            Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                            Genesis has speed
                            Genesis has class
                            Genesis sent money
                            before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

well i talked to my buddy about teh amp and he was surprised to hear it didnt work so he came over and plugged his amp into my connections. Surprisingly it didnt work... we couldnt get power to his amp either so it has to be my connection. I checked the fuse where its connected near my battery and its still in tact. Im thinking about either giving up or taking it to circuit city to see what they will say about it. thx for the help if anyone has other suggestions ill check back in.

Comment

Working...
                              X