Quick Advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Advise

I have set up my in dash lilliput 7inch touchscreen, i have the front speakers running from internal amplifier of the unit, and have plugged my external amplifier to the RCA Outs and i have no control of the volume of the speakers powered by that amp there are just full blast, does this sound like a faulty unit or something else. Also i connected my pc via VGA and USB i could control pc via touchscreen and i had no sound either through the door speakers of the speakers attached to external amplifier, can somebody please give me some quick advise as i purchased this system from hongkong and i did not want to send it back unless it was definatly faulty plz help

Your post is confusing. So let's get some clarification.

From what I gather, you have audio running from the Lilliput to the Amplifier and you can't control the volume of that. Is that correct?

If I'm reading your setup correctly, you're way off. You should be running the speaker outs (using a 1/8" headphone to L/R RCA cable) from the sound card to the amplifier.

Also, to help make your problem easier for people to understand, using some better grammer, sentence structure, capitalization and punctuation would help immensely. I'm not saying write with perfect grammar, mind you. But at least understand that some people won't even bother to read a post like yours where there's run-on sentences and the like, as it can be difficult to glean information.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You need to organize your thoughts better and try and be more elequent when you type....the only thing that I got out of that whole paragraph is that english is probably not your native language (which is fine, you just need to be more descriptive with the details and you need to ease up on the gramatical errors).

I'm trying to understand what you are saying, but I don't know what an internal amplifier is. Are you trying to say that you are powering your front speakers off your head unit? If so, how have you interfaced your head unit with your pc?

Do you have a sound card or are you using onboard sound?

The more info you provide, the more help you will ultimately receive...
      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
      - Alpine W200/H701
      - ED Nine.2X
      - OZ Matrix Elites
      - ED Nine.1
      - Idmax 12's

Comment

Sorry my broad yorkshire accent tends to leak into my typing. Yes i am running the audio from the Radio on the lilliput to the external amplifier via the RCA outs. (By internal amplifier i mean the Speaker out 45W x 4 audio out on the lilliput unit)
        I am using a onboard sound card in the PC, I have connected the Car PC to the lilliput with the supplied VGA/USB cable. The computer is not connected otherwise to anything else. Are you saying that in order to get the sound from the compuer i need to attach the RCA cables from the Amplifier to the Sound Card. If so Would you recommend i purchased a uprated sound card or would the onboard sound be sufficient. Hope this all makes sense

Comment

Yes, you will need to connect the computer to the amps directly (using an external soundcard is better).

Your computer is connected to ur monitor via VGA and USB. The VGA transmits picture ONLY. The USB transmits touch screen function ONLY. Where do u expect the sound to come from, honestly? If there is an "aux-in" port on the back of the lilliput in dash flip-up screen (i'm assuming that you have the lilliput flip-up screen as opposed to simply the lilliput touchscreen lcd monitor.......this makes a huge difference, u probably want to mention that), than you can run the audio from ur computer into the back of the headunit and then go to ur amplifers/speakers from there. Otherwise, you would have to go from your computer to your amps (either directly, sacrificing sound quality, or through a soundcard, sacrificing money).
          PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
          - Alpine W200/H701
          - ED Nine.2X
          - OZ Matrix Elites
          - ED Nine.1
          - Idmax 12's

Comment

Sorry it is a in dash, flip up lilliput TS monitor, i connected the phono wire's directly to the onboard sound card on the car pc (headphone jack) the to the amplifier (4 channel 1000watt amp conected to speakers) . I still have no sound? i have noticed two cables on the back of the lilliput one red labeled vga.l.in and one white labeled vga.r.in. Are these to transfer sound back to the lilliput? The other cables attached to the lilly are R.in R.out L.in L.out V.in V.out and camera. Im really stuck on this one.

Comment

I'm guessing that your gonna want to run the audio from your pc into the r.in and l.in jacks and then run rca cables from the r.out and l.out to your amps. Just a guess though.

Edit: What kind of mother board are using that has the onboard sound? Are you sure that you have the phono wire connected to the right place on your computer? Do your amps turn on?
              PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
              - Alpine W200/H701
              - ED Nine.2X
              - OZ Matrix Elites
              - ED Nine.1
              - Idmax 12's

Comment

ill maybe try that its a EPIA M10000 Nehemia MBoard, Ive plugged the phonos from the amp to a 3.5mm mini jack plug - 2 phono rca adapter then into the headphone jack on the pc

Comment

Originally posted by stuartpug206
                  ill maybe try that its a EPIA M10000 Nehemia MBoard, Ive plugged the phonos from the amp to a 3.5mm mini jack plug - 2 phono rca adapter then into the headphone jack on the pc
                  Have you tried simply plugging in regular headphones to the jack on your pc to make sure that the sound on your via is even working?

If it doesn't work, your mobo either isn't set up correctly, or you have to properly set up the sound settings in the control panel.

If it does work, than you have eliminated the mobo as the culprit and can move your investigation to the next piece of equipment...your amp. Does it power on? Is everything connected properly, etc....
                  PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                  - Alpine W200/H701
                  - ED Nine.2X
                  - OZ Matrix Elites
                  - ED Nine.1
                  - Idmax 12's

Comment

i have had speakers connected to the pc before so there is no probs with the mobo, the amps were connected to my old headunit (Alpine) via the rear outs and the amps, speakers worked fine

Comment

If your computer is on right now, walk over to your trunk (or wherever your amps are) and look at the amp. Is it on?
                      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                      - Alpine W200/H701
                      - ED Nine.2X
                      - OZ Matrix Elites
                      - ED Nine.1
                      - Idmax 12's

Comment

yes the amp is on its powered from the remote lead on the iso plug

Comment

can anyone back this advise up or add ot it i am going to have a good go this weekend to get it all working and i wanna go in with several options

Comment

Working...
                          X