Noob Needs Help With Amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Needs Help With Amp

ok, here is my situation, i have an epia m10000, and that's where i am running audio out from

i also have a h/u mounted in my glove compartment (don't ask why, i can't get my factory amp to activate in my jetta)

i would like to get an amp and sub in my trunk., how exactly would i wire my system so i wouldn't have a delay

thank you very much in advance,

Yev
    R. T. F. M

I am not sure if you reading this place yet. If not, have fun reading.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

If your head unit has an aux-in connection in the back, then you can plug in your carputer audio to that and use the carputer as you would a CD Changer and just select the audio source from the HU. You would then run your RCA's from the Sub-out on your HU to your amplifier in your trunk (which will be powered off the battery)....from the amplifier, you will run speaker wires to your subs.
      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
      - Alpine W200/H701
      - ED Nine.2X
      - OZ Matrix Elites
      - ED Nine.1
      - Idmax 12's

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
        I am not sure if you reading this place yet. If not, have fun reading.
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106
        i have spent majority of my time there already
        R. T. F. M

Comment

Originally posted by 3onDubs
          If your head unit has an aux-in connection in the back, then you can plug in your carputer audio to that and use the carputer as you would a CD Changer and just select the audio source from the HU. You would then run your RCA's from the Sub-out on your HU to your amplifier in your trunk (which will be powered off the battery)....from the amplifier, you will run speaker wires to your subs.
          thank you i thnk that what i will do, i have an kenwood mp5028, and it does have rca's out, it that what i have to wire the additional amp and sub?

thank you,

Yev
          R. T. F. M

Comment

the first thing you need to find out is if that hu has an AUX-IN....if it doesn't, there is no point in going any further.
            EDIT: finally found somewhere where it would tell me, it does have aux in.

now onto the rest of your question:

is that what i have to wire to the additional amp?
            not sure I understand what you are asking here.

are you asking if you have to have a set of RCAs going from the head unit to the amplifiers? if so yes, you will need a set of RCAs and an amp kit (power and ground as well as remote turn-on and fuse)
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Yevmeister
              thank you i thnk that what i will do, i have an kenwood mp5028, and it does have rca's out, it that what i have to wire the additional amp and sub?

thank you,

Yev
              Yes, if the amp that you are installing is for a subwoofer only, than the following is what you will have to do:

1. Run a pair of RCA's from your HU to your AMP.
              2. Run a 4 guage fused power wire from battery to amp.
              3. Run a 4 guage ground wire from amp to chasis (or negative battery terminal)
              4. Run a remote wire from headunit to the amp (this will turn the amp on when the head unit turns on)
              5. Run speaker wires from your amp to your subs
              6. Adjust your amp (set LPF to 60 HZ for example and the gain to half way)
              PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
              - Alpine W200/H701
              - ED Nine.2X
              - OZ Matrix Elites
              - ED Nine.1
              - Idmax 12's

Comment

thank you 3on dubs

sorry for misclarification, i meant to get a amp, and subwoofer in the trunk.
                so now i am set, i will get to subwoofer in an little while, and i also prepared the cables so it would be ready to set up

thank you again

-Yev
                R. T. F. M

Comment

Working...
                X