Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Creative X-Fi straight to amps??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Creative X-Fi straight to amps??

Curious to see whos got this and how they like it.

Jason
    70 Chevelle pro-touring project
    Twin turboed LS2/T56, C6 Z06 wheels/brakes, bagged, carputer, and other stuff

88 Saab 900 Turbo

05 Saab 92-X (WRX) - Carputer, JL 300/4 to stock mains (actually sound nice) and a JL 500/1 to a JL 10W7

I do and I love it!

Only issue is the system needs a delayed remote turn on
    Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

I have!
      Very nice sound (clear). I used an entry level sound card before that: there is a huge difference.
      Same remark: there is a thump if the amp gain is too high when starting.
      The 24 bit crystalizer is not ok for my system: too much treble picks(not comfortable to listen).
      It comes with a fully configurable tool but unfortnetly, it is not documented!!

Comment

This card is amazing. I went from integrated to the X-Fi and it is CRYSTAL clear. I have virtually no static pickup through the analog signal compared to my integrated I ran earlier. The 2V RMS seals up the deal. The 24bit crystallizer is working great for me. I do not have any thump on startup.

I have a problem running bass to my sub amp through the sound card when the card is in 4.1. You have to be in 5.1, but if you dont have a center channel it will sound crappy. This is the case with most 5.1 cards anyway..just FYI. It took a while to get everything sounding how I want it to but I do have to say this card is worth it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...it's ordered and in the mail!
          70 Chevelle pro-touring project
          Twin turboed LS2/T56, C6 Z06 wheels/brakes, bagged, carputer, and other stuff

88 Saab 900 Turbo

05 Saab 92-X (WRX) - Carputer, JL 300/4 to stock mains (actually sound nice) and a JL 500/1 to a JL 10W7

Comment

Working...
          X