Need help with PXA-H701

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with PXA-H701

Ok so I finally got the puter in and everything is working except sound. I am running out of the SPDIF on the motherboard into a converter and in to the PXA. The problem is I have no sound. So far I have double checked the jumper on the m/b and it is set to SPDIF. I have light coming out of the fiber, so I know that the converter is on and that the cables are good. I have power to the processor and the amp and I have double checked that I selected the correct input on the processor. I have even double checked that the rca's are good going to the amp. Is there anything that I am missing. Has anyone run in to this before. Please help.

THanks
    Todd
    EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

http://www.mini-itx.com/hardware/ac3/ <----------Did you follow this guide?

After setting the jumper to enable spdif out on the via, you have to go into Control Panel and change a bunch of sound options and settings to get it to work.

I had a similar problem with not getting sound, but for me it was just the fact that I hadn't selected Digital 1 as the input....it's probably a software issue for you though since you've verified the hardware.
    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
    - Alpine W200/H701
    - ED Nine.2X
    - OZ Matrix Elites
    - ED Nine.1
    - Idmax 12's

Comment

Thanks, dubs I will give that a shot. I was thinking that it was probably a software issue put I searched around for hours to find settings to change. Looks like I just need to install this software.
      EPIA MII 1200, M1-ATX PSU, 1GB PC2100, 80 gig Hitachi HD, Pioneer DVD-RW, Delorme GPS, Lilliput 8"

Comment

post up and let us know if that works!
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I followed the directions and it did work. Movies sound awesome, but I can't play MP3's or WMA's. So it was successful but I still have some work to do. Thanks for the help.

Todd

Comment

No problem.......what are you using to play mp3's? Winamp? If so, you're going to need to go into the winamp settings and enable digital out playback (or whatever they call it on their options page).
            PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
            - Alpine W200/H701
            - ED Nine.2X
            - OZ Matrix Elites
            - ED Nine.1
            - Idmax 12's

Comment

Actually I was just trying to play mp3's in media player to test the sound. I am going to be installing a front end (not sure which yet), but I will mess around with it some more tonight to see if I can get it to play. Thanks again for your help.

Todd

Comment

so the only audio connection you have to make is the spdif from the amp to the pc. (and thias replaces the line-in / out/mic on the via for 5.1 sound ?)
                2006 Honda Odyssey
                Lilliput 7inch touchscreen
                Travla C158 case
                VIA SP13000, 512mb ddr, 110Gb Hard Drive
                slot loading DVDROM/CDRW
                802.11B, Bluetooth, Wintvusb
                IG 3,01 NA
                Roadrunner
                A mile of wires and a ton of solder and a prayer or two.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiruss
                  so the only audio connection you have to make is the spdif from the amp to the pc. (and thias replaces the line-in / out/mic on the via for 5.1 sound ?)

No, the only audio connection you have to make is the SPIDF from the ALPINE H701 to the PC.....and then from the ALPINE to the amps.
                  PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                  - Alpine W200/H701
                  - ED Nine.2X
                  - OZ Matrix Elites
                  - ED Nine.1
                  - Idmax 12's

Comment

Working...
                  X