Directdvd 6 HD possible in car EQ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directdvd 6 HD possible in car EQ???

I don't usually post here a lot, but I was reading that in the new version of Directdvd 6 HD software it allows each speaker to have it's own 31 band EQ.

If this was true this would be a cost effective eq for anyone's carputer. Not to mention a very versitile picece of software as well because it play any type of the common media (DVDs or CDs) and still give you the 31 band EQ for each speaker as well.

Here's link to the info:

http://www.orionstudios.com/31BandSurround.html
    SUVPUTER:
    AMD~SILVERSTONE~AUDIO CONTROL~BOHLENDER GRAEBENER~IMAGE DYNAMICS~ROCKFORD FOSGATE~OPTIMA~STINGER

How would this program affect the CPU?

Would it cause the CPU to run too high?
    SUVPUTER:
    AMD~SILVERSTONE~AUDIO CONTROL~BOHLENDER GRAEBENER~IMAGE DYNAMICS~ROCKFORD FOSGATE~OPTIMA~STINGER

Comment

cant answer any of yoru questions but i'm subscribing to this thread as it is something i'd really be interested in now that i'm getting rid of my alpine pxa-h700. I noticed there was a sdk that was going to be released. I wonder if we (aka someone smarter then me) could exploite just the eq!
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

If this were possible that would be kick arse!
        SUVPUTER:

Comment

Anyone??
          SUVPUTER:

Comment

"HD" (high definition) is just an expression for high resolution/bitrate video. Unless you have hardware accelerated decoding, the load all goes straight onto the CPU.

2 things to consider: if you're using one of the 7" LCDs you probably don't have enough resolution to take advantage of HD-quality signals anyway, and Eden/Nemiah CPUs don't have enough muscle to decode HD-quality video smoothly. Maybe with a Pentium 4, Pentium M, Core, Athlon or Semperon.

Comment

i think he's just talking about using the eq, not taking advantage of the hd aspect of the software
              New System in progress:
              M10k
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
              Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
              Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

It's a plug-in, correct? So, in addition to the $79 or $99 you have to buy the software to plug it into. VST (one of the plug-in options) seems to be a common standard. Anybody have any experience with VST software? A quick wikipedia search revealed that there are open source programs out there too.

Also, found this. "Use VST Plug-ins without a computer!" Thought it was amusing there's an opposite side of the fence from us...people who want to get rid of the computer all together . Actually it's worth tooling around the site...a lot of interesting information.
                For sale:
                AOpen Pandora MiniPC

Comment

Thought it was amusing there's an opposite side of the fence from us...people who want to get rid of the computer all together .

Just curious as to who that might be???
                  SUVPUTER:

Comment

subscribing to this thread as well!
                    I swear I saw this page not too long ago? either I searched for it and found it or there was another thread that mentioned it??

*confused*
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

So what is the conclusion?

Would this work or be any good?

Has anyone tested it?
                      SUVPUTER:

Comment

Sudscribing to the thread. Good luck on the search, will do some investigating myself...
                        Let's see how much a carPC can REALLY do...

Comment

okay well from what i have read from the website is this DSP requires at least 100 megs of mem and a 3.0ghz cpu so you are looking at some serious overhead. I am going to be putting a MP945-VX aopen Mini-PC into my car which is going to be running a core duo untill we get a BIOS for it to run Merom (Core 2 Duo) and i will let you know what kind of overhead i am getting i will grab the software but i am sure that you will need a serious computer to run this.

Sorry for lack of punctuation.

P.S. if you are going to want to run this in the background i highly recommend a dual core processor

Okay i am home now and i am running surround cast on my system as we speak and i am getting hit about 15 to 20 percent while playing a live feed of hd music now i am running a Core 2 Dou X6800 with 2 gig ddr2800 so that might have something to do with it

Comment

3.0ghz? holy crap

i think thats wayyy too much power for a desktop, let alone carpc

most people run anywhere from 1-2ghz, dont think anyone is close to 3 +_+

Comment

well i am running a a 3.2 ghz intel core 2 duo in my current computer and in my car pc i am running a t 2600 core duo

so i run high end stuff becuase i play games but a 3 ghz processor in a home pc is fairly common now days

Comment

Working...
                              X