3.5 M to RCA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 M to RCA?

Has anyone found other 3.5 mm to RCA adapters, besides the ones sold here in the mp3car store?

It's not that the ones in the MP3car store are bad, but I want shorter ones, not the 6 foot long ones that are the only ones in the store.

Thanks
    Dave
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

Make your own?

At least in that way, you can have any custom length you want!

Comment

Thanks, but I am looking for some high quality, well shielded stuff, and while my carPC and audio skills are pretty good, I would rather buy well made cables than make them.

Dave
      2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
      Core Duo CarPC
      CarDomain page

Comment

http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=146

Comment

Not shorter, but half the price anyways. I have ordered all my USB extension cables from this site. I would highly recommend them:
          http://www.trianglecables.com/6footminster.html
          2005 Black Chevy Impala
          Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

I work at Radio Shack and we sell the 3' gold plated and shielded adapter, they run about 6 bucks

Comment

I've used the gold plated one's from Radioshack and they are decent considering how cheap they are. Unless you want to pay for Monster cable quality (and the name) then get them at Radioshack.

Comment

i got a bunch of cables off planetbob. If you want you can check with him or buy em off me. They're pretty much what you will be getting around radio shack or whereever, but not like monster.
                Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                Genesis has speed
                Genesis has class
                Genesis sent money
                before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Why don't you just buy those adapters that plug into the 3.5mm slot and give you two rca jacks?

You could then find the rca's you are looking for as high quality rca's are more readily availiable than high quality 3.5 to RCA cables.
                  PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                  - Alpine W200/H701
                  - ED Nine.2X
                  - OZ Matrix Elites
                  - ED Nine.1
                  - Idmax 12's

Comment

Those adapters just add one more connection that lower signal strength and quality, and can make for a less secure connection. I never found any high quality ones when I looked, and the ones I did end up trying were somewhat loose in the soundcard jacks.

Here's a decent one for $6, but it's 5' long. I use that one for a portable player. NXG has several models from $3-20. I used several of the nx-0223 for a while on my carpc, no complaints. They're very flexible and of decent construction, best for the $ IMO.

Don't fall for the Monster Cable marketing, they are a total ripoff. Actually, most cables in retail stores are, that's the biggest money maker. I was just in Best Buy today, they had a special on the Monster glass optical cable, "only" $99! I couldn't believe it. The salesman was telling me how well-shielded they were so the sound would be preserved. I could get a glass optical cable online for $35, and an expert wouldn't notice a difference on a $100k audio system. Hell, an expert probably couldn't differentiate between that and a $5 plastic cable for home audio.

I could also go on about how USB cables are all gold-plated and going for $30-40 now for 6' lengths, but I'll just say that I'm glad I make my own for more like $2.
                    In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Try some Monster THX Certified Mini-RCA cables - work great for me.

Comment

there's also a monster cable that is sold in the iPod section.

fairly high quality...

so I guess that makes 3 different 3.5mm -> RCA cables that Monster makes?

strange!

but I will second the comment about just one more connection with a very low signal strength....not so hot
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i sitll say buy one off me or bob. they're shielded and decent-good quality at the very least. hell, i'm send you em for about $9 shipped, first class mail, for 3 if you don't want to go through planetbob. Plus it has right angle 3.5's, like headphones, so you dont' have to worry about bending.
                          Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                          Genesis has speed
                          Genesis has class
                          Genesis sent money
                          before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Working...
                          X