Antenna adapters!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna adapters!!!

Ok i need one for my 91 toyota mr2, because im getting a carputer, but i still need my head unit (no room for a new amp for my speakers, the amp for the subs in the frunk is too dam big)

and ya ill probly stick my hu in the glove box, anyone know where to get an antenna adapter?

ive tried crutchfield, scosche, and ebay

did you already buy the headunit?

try getting the headunit first, the stock antenna connector might probably work fine. just take a look at it and see.

i just installed a head unit in my brothers car today and it didn't need an antenna adapter. I think older cars usually dont need em.

Comment

its a panasonic c7301u, ive had it for more than half a year

gah, its not an adapter i need, its just an extension antenna

the stock one fits but ya im gonna relocate it (the hu) and the antenna connection isnt long enough

Comment

Just do a search on ebay for an AM/FM Antenna extension and you will find plenty. Maybe you are trying to be to specific.
        Avengerki
        PC Install: 85%
        Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
        Software install and setup: 35%
        Entertainment Package: 85%

Comment

ya i thin they are universal maybe?

Comment

I havent personnally seen a car antenna that was different from the very first one I saw when swapping out a head unit. But then I havent pulled a radio out of a car newer then 1998.

Heres a non ebay link http://www.scosche.com/scosche/antennas/AXT.asp

Edit: Of course in my googling I see that ford, nissan, VW, BMW and 2002-up Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have some different antenna adapters.
            Avengerki
            PC Install: 85%
            Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
            Software install and setup: 35%
            Entertainment Package: 85%

Comment

ya but they should all be the same, as its a standard antenna for headunits now

and most japanese cars have the standard antenna i think, gm cars and stuff, u would need the adapter and then the extension

atleast i hope im right

Comment

Yes, aftermarket HU antenna plugs are standard but just about every auto manufacturer these days has at lease two different ends on the antenna cable. Bought a scosche antenna adapter kit and it had 10 or 12 different ends.
                homebrew sound deadening + sub and amp install... 04 Dakota QC

fuel economy calculators

Comment

theres a big difference between an antenna adapter and an extension cable......

Comment

You should be able to get an extension from just about any car audio place, I know Best Buy and Circuit City have them in 1 foot, 2 foot and 12 foot versions.

Comment

Originally posted by slaya786

Ya don't say...

fuel economy calculators

Comment

Originally posted by furball69
                        Ya don't say...
                        What are you trying to say?

I was talking to the OP who asked for an antenna adapter, when he really was looking for an extender.

but, thanks for your retarded comment..

Comment

Originally posted by slaya786

What I was trying to say was; if there was a prize for stating the obvious, you'd get it.

fuel economy calculators

Comment

ya - yayayayayayayaya!

frunk?

that's twice now (two seperate threads)....you do know that it's Trunk, right?

go to BB or CC and tell them what you're looking for, either buy it from them or get the brand/part/model number and buy it online.
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Maybe he's posting when he's frunk.

fuel economy calculators

Comment

Working...
                              X