Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disatisfied with Audigy 2 NX sound

Hi Folks,

Im not sure if anybody can help me with this, it's kind of annoying. Anyway, I had been using the built in sound on my mb, the M10000. I bought an Audigy 2 NX and installed it in my car today so I could use the optical input from my xmpcr. I don't get any base and I can't adjust it to get more. the base controls within windows are grayed out and when I turn the base up through the control panel for the NX, I just barely get anything out of the sub. I've got a 1200 watt Kenwood amp and when I plug the carpc into the EQ and the EQ into the amp I get kick *** bass, but not when i plug all three outputs directly into my amp. If I plug the audigy into the EQ, I get some bass, but the sound quality is kinda shi**y. The xmpcr is much better with optical output but everything else is sub acceptable. Anybody got any suggestions?

tanks!
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Your EQ ups the line voltage for the sub amp and that is why your bass is louder, when you bypass the EQ, you will have a weaker signal and less bass....you can counter this by turning the gains up until the bass returns to how it was.
    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
    - Alpine W200/H701
    - ED Nine.2X
    - OZ Matrix Elites
    - ED Nine.1
    - Idmax 12's

Comment

Hi!
      Thanks for the fast response but no, thats not the answer. I have turned the gain for the sub all the way up and still no good. I get some output but it's really low. Not distorted from the card, just really low sub output.

Originally posted by 3onDubs
      Your EQ ups the line voltage for the sub amp and that is why your bass is louder, when you bypass the EQ, you will have a weaker signal and less bass....you can counter this by turning the gains up until the bass returns to how it was.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Did you install the software properly? Did you set it so that it syncs up with windows sound settings? I'm guessing it's a software issue.
        PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
        - Alpine W200/H701
        - ED Nine.2X
        - OZ Matrix Elites
        - ED Nine.1
        - Idmax 12's

Comment

I did install the software on my carpc the same as on my desktop and that one worked well....so I think I can say yes. But I think I'll uninstall and re-install and see if that gets it.
          Thanks

Originally posted by 3onDubs
          Did you install the software properly? Did you set it so that it syncs up with windows sound settings? I'm guessing it's a software issue.

Comment

is this the pci or the external? don't the s/b cards share sub and center chan on the same jack?
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

yea, they do. Is there a way to make it a dedicated sub output?

Originally posted by scott_fx
              is this the pci or the external? don't the s/b cards share sub and center chan on the same jack?

Comment

they do...are you crossing over the signal? Try using 4 speaker sound instead of 5.1 that may get you the sound you're looking for.
                Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                Genesis has speed
                Genesis has class
                Genesis sent money
                before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Originally posted by chut
                  yea, they do. Is there a way to make it a dedicated sub output?
                  a low pass filter in a crossover will do that.
                  Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                  Genesis has speed
                  Genesis has class
                  Genesis sent money
                  before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Well, I think I already tried that but I'll try it again. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Just fought with this a few days ago myself having just installed my subs last weekend.

Goto Creative Speaker Settings, Bass Management, check Bass Redirection - now that puts all low freqs out the sub line instead of across all.

Must have 5.1 or higher selected for speakers, since this option will be grayed out at anything less.

The crossover point is the slider - so no way to know exactly what frequency without a test cd.

Comment

ok, that sounds promising. errr...Well, my HDD just died so I need another and am gonna build a little 40 GB I've got lying around. But I'll look for Bass Redirection when I get the software reloaded. When I first got the Audigy, I tested it on one of my machines and remember seeing that option. I don't remember seeing it on the latest CarPC build though. I'll let you guys know what happens this weekend.

Thanks for all your help.

Peter

Originally posted by Mr_Wizard
                        Just fought with this a few days ago myself having just installed my subs last weekend.

Goto Creative Speaker Settings, Bass Management, check Bass Redirection - now that puts all low freqs out the sub line instead of across all.

Must have 5.1 or higher selected for speakers, since this option will be grayed out at anything less.

The crossover point is the slider - so no way to know exactly what frequency without a test cd.

Comment

Hi Again Folks,

Well, I think I have determined the problem. I bought this audigy 2 NX on ebay and it did not come with the original installation Cd. The fellow I bought it from went ahead and downloaded the files he could and burnt a disk for me with the device. Apparently, this does not include all the software on the disk. Soooo, can somebody burn me a copy of the number one installation disk so I can see if I get "bass redirection" yet? I'd appreciate it and I'll pay postage and whatever you think a burnt CD is worth.
                          Thanks!

Comment

i have an original audigy 2 disk i can upload for you if you desperatly want. But You say the bass redirection option is greyed out? . im using an audigy 2 zs and the option is greyed out if i select 2/2.1 and 4/4.1 speakers. If i select 5.1 the bass redirection option is selectable as somebody said above are you sure its the proper disk you need?

Comment

Hi!
                              Thanks for the quick response. Im not sure if the driver disk for the ZS will work for my NX. My Redirect option is not visible at all. I have tried changing the sound system all the way from 2.0 to 7.1 and it still isn't there. My FTP server is down for the moment. So, no place to upload it to yet. I can probably get it back up in a day or two.

Originally posted by bigbun
                              i have an original audigy 2 disk i can upload for you if you desperatly want. But You say the bass redirection option is greyed out? . im using an audigy 2 zs and the option is greyed out if i select 2/2.1 and 4/4.1 speakers. If i select 5.1 the bass redirection option is selectable as somebody said above are you sure its the proper disk you need?

Comment

Working...
                              X