Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with connecting system to speakers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with connecting system to speakers!

Yes, I have read many of the FAQ's and tons of other threads, but I am still confused. I would really appreciate help on building my Carputer. I have a toshiba satellite laptop with a broken screen that can use s-video output to an external monitor. I want to use a 7" in-dash screen for my 2006 mustang (which has the shaker 500 sound system). If I mount the laptop in the trunk do I just run a s-video cord to the in dash screen? Do I just use a power inverter to power the laptop? What do I use to hook up the indash screen to my stock speakers? Do I need an extra amp to power the speakers? What will control the speakers? Sorry for asking so many questions, and I have searched for answers.

Your system will suck with S-video. It will be fuzzy and disappointing.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

is your laptop's vga out broken as well? I have seen toshiba sattelites and they have all had vga out as far as I know. You would probably have to use an inverter to power the laptop although there is the off chance you could use a dedicated supply depending on what the voltage of the power adapter is. But an inverter is probably the safest bet. I dont know enough about your sound system to say how to hook that up though.

Comment

For the Audio you will need this AUX-IN adapter. I believe it uses the "AUX" button on the front of your radio.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=813

Peace.
        ** Denotes an "in car" post
        In-Car posts made from passenger seat - Be safe, Don't Post and Drive.

Comment

Working...
        X