No announcement yet.

external sound source

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external sound source

What are you guys using to power your speakers? 5.1 or 71. or HU etc. If your using 5.1 or 7.1 how are you guys able to get all your speakers to work since true cds and music in general are only 2 channel?

Well most Sound card drivers provide 5.1 or 7.1 upmixing
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

[-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

have you done much searching yet in this forum?

5.1 is only good for those DVDs or CDs that are recorded in 5.1.

If the CD isn't recorded in 5.1, chances are that it's not ment to be listended to in 5.1 or 7.1 or 16.1.

Music is recorded to sound a certain way.

When you go to a concert, the band doesn't play in 5.1 does it? Why would you want to try and make their CDs/MP3s/etc sound a way that it wasn't intended?
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

4.1 w/psuedo-2.1 - 4 speakers and an active crossover, then i plan use the creative software so that i can adjust to a more 'stereo' sounding system.
        Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
        Genesis has speed
        Genesis has class
        Genesis sent money
        before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

thanks guys. i tried messing with it, went through every option, with griffin on the phone, but in the end i won't really be able to use it as i had planned because of the lack of software for a mac.