Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best SQ Frontend...?

Hi all,

At the moment im running centrafuse 1.6 beta and, whilst its great looking and works great, the sq is rubbish! Ive been testing mp3s on a flat eq on centrafuse and then on windvd since its the only other music player on my system and found windvd to sound soooo much better (depth,warmth,punch,general awesomeness as opposed to centrafuse's flat,tinny sound). I think this problem is going to be addressed in centrafuse at some point, but my carputer is primarily for music so id rather change frontends to get a better sound until its been sorted out...

So my question is, which frontend from everyones experience currently produces the best sound from an mp3? I really want an easy to navigate screen to get around my 12000ish mp3s without crashing, which is also going to sound good through my system... Suggestions please!

Roadrunner
    WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
    Webpage

Comment

ftw...
      PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
      - Alpine W200/H701
      - ED Nine.2X
      - OZ Matrix Elites
      - ED Nine.1
      - Idmax 12's

Comment

seeing how RR also alows you to run vst plug-ins, i'm gonna hve to give the advantage to RR too. I think it's the thing that is going to make me switch from CF (love the interface so much though!)
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

yeah tested rr yesterday night and i have to say its miles better sound! and thats without any EQing or effects as yet so will be sticking with this for now... Not quite as good interface as centrafuse but hey, it sounds good and thats all im interested in!

Comment

Working...
          X