Found a new USB dac!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a new USB dac!

Silverstone the company that many of us use for cases now makes usb dacs!

I will link you to a review of it, but for those of us who want to use just stereo 2 channel sound in our vehicles this seems like a good alternative.

http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHard...EB01_Feb.shtml
    SUVPUTER:
    AMD~SILVERSTONE~AUDIO CONTROL~BOHLENDER GRAEBENER~IMAGE DYNAMICS~ROCKFORD FOSGATE~OPTIMA~STINGER

very nice find!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

So I ended up buying one off of ebay for $101 shipped!

I'm also including another link which they test and compare the SIlverstone EB01 to the SOundblaster usb AUDIGY 2 NX sound card and a SOUNDMAX brand sound card.

http://www.pcmoddingmy.com/e107_plug...?content.354.3
      SUVPUTER:
      AMD~SILVERSTONE~AUDIO CONTROL~BOHLENDER GRAEBENER~IMAGE DYNAMICS~ROCKFORD FOSGATE~OPTIMA~STINGER

Comment

looks very promissing and i commend you on sticking with 2 chans. instead of trying to setup surround sound in your car! I am really interested in your results so please post a review on this product. At 3vrms on the pre-outs you should get some decent sound. What are your plans for the signal to the amp? are you going to get an active x-over, are you going to use pre-outs on one amp and feed it to the other while taking advantage of the onboard x-overs? do tell!
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Right now I run dual Audio Control EQTs (30 band) with an Audio Control 4XS.

I plan on just keeping the same setup.
          SUVPUTER:

Comment

Nice!!
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Wtf?

George, You won't respond to any of my messages or PM's and you're here posting about audio? wtf?? Now I KNOW this is shady.

(Everyone else, please excuse me whoring your thread, you may return to your audio discussion)

Comment

Hold on second I told you that I was in the middle of college finals.

I have shipped your item out and you should be getting it tomorrow.

I haven't had any time to even relax. I just posted this topic because I had a couple of spare minutes.

In the future please don't be so impatient. That is how you can ruin someones reputation.

MAKE SURE YOU LET EVERYONE ON HERE KNOW WHEN YOU GET THE ITEM SO THAT MY REPUTATION WON'T BE RUINED!
                SUVPUTER:

Comment

please excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between this and getting a decent external soundcard?
                  Current:
                  [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                  [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

usually external soundcards 'color' the sound a bit, this gives a more pure output. also it has dedicated rca outputs instead of sharing the signals on a 1/8" mini jack with common ground. Also you are dealing with a higher pre-amp output voltage.
                    New System in progress:
                    M10k
                    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

My ***

Rrrrright, you have no time to relax, yet you can't take 5 seconds to respond to a buyer who gave you over a hundred bucks and recieved nothing for it? You still won't respond to my PM's or emails (which would take another 5 seconds) and still no tracking number. I should have checked your eBay feedback first jesus (FOUR negative's out of 23?? wtf?), do you respond to anybody??

Don't tell me to not be impatient when you haven't taken a second to let me know what's going on. and No, I'm not your personal reputation healer, so I won't post crap once I get it (IF), having to respond in here because you won't send me a friggin e-mail is enough to show your stellar "reputation".

Once again, I apologize to everyone else on this thread, isn't it retarded when a seller refuses to respond to you and you have to track him down in random forums?? These should be PM's. On with Audio discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                        i commend you on sticking with 2 chans. instead of trying to setup surround sound in your car!
                        You don't know what you're missing.
                        In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by fonseca
                          You don't know what you're missing.

sure i do....i just go into my living room!
                          New System in progress:
                          M10k
                          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

so does fonseca... only he lives in his car - as lots of people here do pretty much
                            Current:
                            [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                            [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

I'm not your personal reputation healer, so I won't post crap once I get it.

So what your saying then is that it is OK to ruin reputations with no responsability for your actions! I really like your thinking...

As for as the DAC I should be getting it on Tuesaday I will post a review once I have it installed.
                              SUVPUTER:

Comment

Working...
                              X