whats wrong with my set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with my set up

ok i just wired my amp and if i play music above a certian level is starts to skip. i wired 4g wire from the battary to a 70 fuse then 4g wire from the fuse to the back of the car into a fused distro box. from there it goes through a 40 fuse then 8g wire to a 450w amp.
    are my fusses to small?

No, your fuses aren't too small.

How is the HU mounted? clipped to the sleeve or bolted in. Is there a sub? What kind of cd's are you using?

I switched from a store brand cd to Sony and that eliminated my skipping problem.
    homebrew sound deadening + sub and amp install... 04 Dakota QC

fuel economy calculators

Comment

Is it like a CD skip or does it sound different? Maybe you have problems with vibration making the cd skip. Fuses shouldnt make a difference in terms of sound quality, only there to protect against short circuits. I had problems with the sound dropping on loud beats, but that was just an underpowered amp in the hu. A big capacitor might help before the amp.

Comment

no HU i just rewired my amp and pluged a ipod into channel 1 and 2 if i turn up the volume it starts to skip like a bad cd. I don't think its getting enough power

Comment

is the enigine running at the time? see if the headlights dim on loud beats with the engine stopped

Comment

are your gains maxed out?
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

nope i have a volt gauge nothing dips. does with car on or off. i bypassed the distro block and put the 4g wire to the amp and that didn't do anything so its not a power problem. I think something shorted in the amp because it was working when i had it set up to my computer

Comment

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutor...plifier_Tuning

Go through that amp gain tuning procedure and see if it still happens after.
                homebrew sound deadening + sub and amp install... 04 Dakota QC

fuel economy calculators

Comment

ummm dodgy earth? see if wiring the earth directly onto the negative of the battery helps if you can. Is there paint on the bolt your using for the earth point? Sand it off if there is. Failing that try it on a different battery outside of a car. Just clutching at straws really

Comment

ok it works at full volume with a cd player just not my ipod. the weired thing is my ipod doesn't skip with headphones or anything. Well as long as it works when i plug the computer back in i will be happy. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X