Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I turn my amp on and off with the remote lead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I turn my amp on and off with the remote lead?

Hello people

I've recentley purchased an Ipod which I thought I'd use as a replacement for my car stereo. I can connect my Ipod to my amp which is connected to all my speakers but I don't know how to manipulate the remote lead so that I can switch the amp on and off as required. Is there any way of connecting the remote lead to a switch to turn it on and off somehow?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated , thank you.

Naz

switch with a fuse

Originally posted by siq2k
    Hello people

I've recentley purchased an Ipod which I thought I'd use as a replacement for my car stereo. I can connect my Ipod to my amp which is connected to all my speakers but I don't know how to manipulate the remote lead so that I can switch the amp on and off as required. Is there any way of connecting the remote lead to a switch to turn it on and off somehow?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated , thank you.

Naz
    Yeah, get a switch and fuse and wire it up directly to 12v and use the switch to turn on/off the amp. Or instead of connecting direct to the 12v hook it up to ignition that way whenever you turn the car on/off the amp does the same.

Comment

cheers thanks, I'll give it a go.

Comment

the switch thing is ghetto and a p.i.t.a.

you should hook up the remote lead like you would any other way in any other car audio set-up....to the ignition
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Maybe try the TR-4 . . .

trigger module. It uses a low volt input(tap into the line out from the ipod) to control a 12v output (wire to your amp remote turn-on) http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...gger%20Modules

If you have a CarPC installed you can use the TR-4 module and the comm port DTR line to turn on your amps,like this. Simple and safe. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&highlight=DTR

If your in the US this should be less that $20.00 shipped.

Hope this helped.

-=ew
          06 Galaxy Gray Si #0308
          CarPc Progress -
          10%---------50%---------100%
          -[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]-

Comment

Working...
          X