2004 Galant iPod interface?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Galant iPod interface?

Does anyone know how / if I can directly connect my iPod to the factory stereo on my 04 Galant (infinity system)? I do not want to use an FM transmitter because quality isnt great.

Thanks!

You have three basic options:

1) FM modulator (wired or transmitter)
    2) Casette adapter (if you have a casette player)
    3) AUX input. If your stock stereo has CD changer controls, you may be able to get an AUX adapter to use the CD changer input.

Now that I've told you your options, you need to do some searching and find your own answers than expecting someone to respond to you on a forum.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Please read my post before choosing to reply. I specifically said that I was not interested in the FM transmitter option because of the clarity issue.

As far as the second two options go, they were based on my post that my car has the stock infinity system, which means that it does not have a casette adapter.

Lastly Mr. Wise-guy, this post was for someone who understood what comes on a 04 Galant and obviously you dont. So before you go mouthing off you might want to take a few steps back and understand what the post was saying. Just because you are 'super moderator' that doesnt mean that you shouldnt pay attention or read a post twice before answering.

Comment

You're right.
        I don't know about your '04 Galant, or any other Mitsubishi model. I've never owned one, worked on one or hand anything to do with one, other than riding in a Montero several years ago.
        However, the options for what you want are the same no matter what you drive.

I didn't mention the other options because you wanted the iPod to go into the factory stereo:
        - Replace your factory stereo with an aftermarket unit that has an AUX input.
        - Ditch any headunit completely and run your iPod directly into an amplifier.

I provided you with the three means of getting audio from your iPod into your stereo. I made no mention of what you want or don't want, only three methods. Choose the one that works best for you and your equipment and throw the others away.
        If you don't like those options, tough ****. IT's what you have to work with.

Since you decide to get all huffy-puffy with a 'tude when someone dishes up the information you ask for, I'd be wholly surprised if any other members of this forum dish up any help to you.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

wow - d00d - if you're going to be so anal retentive and bash someone for trying to help, simply because they didn't give you EXACTLY the information you requested, maybe you need to actually learn do to your own research

initiative, it'll do wonders for your sex life

you need to go find a mitsu forum and/or a specific audio forum since you are asking such specific questions that have NOTHING to do with a CarPC (which, btw, is what THIS forum is dedicated too incase you missed that along the way.. )
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Here is the solution

I have been searching for the same thing. Go to the website MitsubishiParts.net they have an I pod adapter that connects directly to the head unit. Unfortunatly mine hasn't arrived from dhl, but it works on galants 04 to present.

Comment

Originally posted by justinrageth View Post
              I have been searching for the same thing. Go to the website MitsubishiParts.net they have an I pod adapter that connects directly to the head unit. Unfortunatly mine hasn't arrived from dhl, but it works on galants 04 to present.

ehm, have you payed attention before you posted this?

The thread is almost 9months old..... possibly got the little kid coming already if it's an early one By which I mean he probably has solved his problem already....
              Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
              CLARION HX-D2
              CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
              CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
              CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Then Why are YOU Responding

If it is that important to you that I am trying to help someone out even if it is an old question, then why are YOU RESPONDING. SHUT UP!! STAY IN BELGUIM!!! LEAVE THE REAL WORK TO US AMERICANS!!

Comment

This is an international forum. If you have n issue with members being from countryies other than the USA, then you really ought to find another forum.

The fact is that he pointed out to you that you resurrected an older thread. Is it the oldest thread resurtrected? No.
                  But it's still pointless to try to help the OP who, in this case, hasn't visited these forums in 3/4 of a year.

A simple check of a date on your part could have prevented your embarrassment and subsequent nationalistic lashing out.
                  How about the Wiki?

Comment

I guess you were sleeping during history-class..... "us americans" doesn't exist! America is just a country full of foreigners and immigrants, except for the indian people

I just love those ignorant racists

So what were you saying again?

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

So that's a "No I didn't pay attention and now I'm embarrassed and lashing out at anyone nearby" then?
                      Nearby being a relative term when one of you is in Belgium, (That's somewhere in South Africa isn't it?), and the other ones in the US.

Before you all start. I KNOW where Belgium is. It's a town in France. Right?
                      Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
                      Serious error.
                      All shortcuts have disappeared.
                      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Comment

Ehm belgium is a country near france actually But you were close

oh hell....

I just pointed the guy to something obvious. I f he wants to attack me, that's fine, but get your fact right first....

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

Originally posted by IC-C30 View Post
                          I guess you were sleeping during history-class..... "us americans" doesn't exist! America is just a country full of foreigners and immigrants, except for the indian people

I just love those ignorant racists

So what were you saying again?

Indian people, didnt all the foreigners and immigrants get rid of all of those? Im confused
                          MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

Working...
                          X