Monsoon in the Santa Fe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon in the Santa Fe

I recently purchases an 06 Santa Fe with the Monsoon system. As with all Hyundai, if you want the leather/roof, you cant opt out of the sterio. I decided that the in dash 6 disk changer would suit my needs until I put in a screen, and the sound quality out of the interior speakers is acceptable. I need to solve the problem of where to get the signal for my sub amp. anyone know where they put the amp on this vehicle so that I can take the signal from there? Do I need to tap into this system in the same manner as Ive seen posted for the VW's?

I am guessing that you can tap the real speakers and get a LOC to convert the line to RCAs that you can then plug into your amp. You can get them from Circuit City or any other audio shop. Thats what I did when I installed my subs on my stock stereo. Hope that helps

Comment

Ive heard that tapping in for the signal after the amp can cause some big problems.

Comment

That's what line-level converters are for, they take the amplified signal and convert it into a line-level signal.

Most of those adapters are designed to work with the power ratings of factory radios, and should work alright with the Monsoon system.

Comment

Does anyone know the location of the amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny4d
            Does anyone know the location of the amp?
            How is your carputer coming?
            Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Working...
            X