GM factory radio pin out for 2002 sonoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM factory radio pin out for 2002 sonoma

i put an aftermarket deck in a 2002 sonoma and was giving the old radio. Is it possible to hook a 12v ignition up to these radios since the harness does not have a 12v ign? I have the factory harness as well, but i don't know where an input for a 12v ign or the other pinouts would be.

Thanks

Qman

As others will tell you, this isn't a car audio forum, it's for putting in CarPCs, and audio related to CarPCs.

That out of the way, you'll have to find an ACC wire somewhere in the car to supply the ACC feed. Though you will probably be better off buying the correct adapter to work with the Class II Databus you have in the vehicle, and using the ACC that adapter generates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa
      As others will tell you, this isn't a car audio forum, it's for putting in CarPCs, and audio related to CarPCs.

That out of the way, you'll have to find an ACC wire somewhere in the car to supply the ACC feed. Though you will probably be better off buying the correct adapter to work with the Class II Databus you have in the vehicle, and using the ACC that adapter generates.
      MP3Car.com Forums > Mp3Car Technical > Car Audio

His question is in the right area. And yes, you'll have to find the 12V input wires on the harness. It does have 12V input. Most likely Red, Yellow, Blue. Look for wire sizes if they changed it. Here in the next few days I could probably tell you which pin is the acc and 12V, since I just bought a harness for my friends 03 Sierra. This is the double din cd/tape/fm/am/xm stereo. I'm going to try and get ahold of it from him to put inside the eclipse temporarily.
      1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
      ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
      RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

Originally posted by 97GST
        MP3Car.com Forums > Mp3Car Technical > Car Audio

His question is in the right area. And yes, you'll have to find the 12V input wires on the harness. It does have 12V input. Most likely Red, Yellow, Blue. Look for wire sizes if they changed it. Here in the next few days I could probably tell you which pin is the acc and 12V, since I just bought a harness for my friends 03 Sierra. This is the double din cd/tape/fm/am/xm stereo. I'm going to try and get ahold of it from him to put inside the eclipse temporarily.

Thank you very much 97GST, I would really appreciate the pinout.... i hope the install in the eclipse goes well, i could only guess how you would mount it in there, but good luck with that

Comment

what he was getting at is: take it to a dedicated car audio form rather than a forum dedicated to CarPCs with a section for car audio AND your carpcs
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

here is what i have so far in the factory harness....

B1 orange (i believe is constant)
            B2 drk green
            B3 empty
            B4 grey
            B5 black
            B6 empty
            B7 empty
            B8 drk brown
            B9 yellow
            B10 drk green
            B11 lt green
            B12 purple w/ white stripe