Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Insignia player reads "Error 1" with any CD I put in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Insignia player reads "Error 1" with any CD I put in.

That and the volume knob goes haywire, from like 20 to 80 volume, killing my ear drums. It goes up when I try to turn it down sometimes and vice versa. I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot inside my car when I'm in class. Could the heat have affected anything on the inside, like the lens? The radio still works fine.

So, problems:

- Any cd, new or old, "Error 1".
    - Volume knob goes nuts and reverse.

Help me out, please.

Uhhhhh... We aren't car audio troubleshooting experts here. There are likely better forums for you to find your answer. We're all about installing computers in cars...

Heat won't affect the lens, as the lens is made of glass, which needs to get a lot hotter than the interior of your car to distort. The heat could, however damage electronics, although I don't know if that's your problem.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCinicola85
      That and the volume knob goes haywire, from like 20 to 80 volume, killing my ear drums. It goes up when I try to turn it down sometimes and vice versa. I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot inside my car when I'm in class. Could the heat have affected anything on the inside, like the lens? The radio still works fine.

So, problems:

- Any cd, new or old, "Error 1".
      - Volume knob goes nuts and reverse.

Help me out, please.
      it doesn't work because.... it's INSIGNIA
      insignia stuff is manufactured by best buy to crap out on you anywhere from the first day you have it up to a year, so that if you didn't buy the service plan on it, you pretty much get to go buy another one after the one year manufacturer's warranty is up...

if you have something made by insignia that has lasted more than a year... you are either lying out of your ***... or you have christ-like powers....

i'm not just saying this cuz i've had a bad experience with insignia stuff cuz i've never personally owned any of their stuff.... but i did work at best buy in the geek squad for like a year and um.... yeah, i got to listen to people ***** about their insignia stuff breaking every day of my life and every time was pretty much: "ok so its broken... do you have a service plan?" "no i don't buy them they are a waste of money" "oh then i guess you're F#&*ED dude, INSIGNIA STRIKES AGAIN BWAHAHAHAHAH"

seriously though... your best bet is to buy something else... try looking for a seller on ebay that offers extended warranties on their stuff for something... i think i got one on my kenwood kdc-x890 @ like $20 for 4 years or something like that....

Comment

Damn. How do I know if my one-year manufacturers warranty is up or not?

Comment

by looking at the date on the receipt. You must submit the original purchase receipt for warrantee work.
          Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Well that sucks *** cause I definitely don't have that anymore.

I'll just have to buy a new CD player when I get more money.

Thanks you guys for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeCinicola85
              Damn. How do I know if my one-year manufacturers warranty is up or not?
              do you have the receipt? if not, did you get it from best buy or online? if you got it at best buy they should be able to look up your receipt and either exchange it for you or send it out to be fixed depending on their policy for that item...

if you got it online try the same and see if they did offer the manufacturer's warranty in the first place....

edit: nm someone else responded while i was typing this lol.....

Comment

Insignia stuff is made by LG for Best Buy. Most of it's crap.

Comment

Well I bought it at best buy....I went inside. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a year yet so the waranty shouldn't be up. But, I have no recipt, no box, just the cd player and the deck.

So, I just yank it out of the car and go take it up there?

Comment

did you pay for it with a card or cash? if you paid with a card they probly have you on file, if you payed with cash.... you're most likely SOL.... if you did pay with a card just go there & be like "yeah um... i got this less than a year ago and it's defective but i don't have the receipt... can you look it up with my card #?"

Comment

Actually, BestBuy should have the serial number of the unit on file and be able to pull up the original sale in their system.
                      So yeah, I'd take it out of the car and into the store. They should be able to tell you if it's under warranty or not just from the serial number.
                      How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                        Actually, BestBuy should have the serial number of the unit on file
                        not necessarily.... unless you buy a service plan on something, they don't log the serial #'s.... even in that case they don't log the serial number until you actually bring the unit in to be serviced for the first time.....

Comment

Originally posted by iamfico
                          not necessarily.... unless you buy a service plan on something, they don't log the serial #'s.... even in that case they don't log the serial number until you actually bring the unit in to be serviced for the first time.....
                          That's just ****ty.
                          Fry's records serial numbers for every serialized product they sell. That way you will be able to return an item without a receipt.

I'll correct my statement: BestBuy should record the serial number, for this very reason.
                          How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                            BestBuy should record the serial number, for this very reason.
                            agreed

they pretty much tell you that you're f$*#ed if you paid cash and need a receipt looked up..... and um yeah..... that kinda sucks......

Comment

Working...
                            X