help w/ stereo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help w/ stereo

how do i get my stock cassette player out of my 95 accord....and more importantly do i need an aftermarket reciever in order to install subs?
    thanks, help much appreciated

maniAK

First off, welcome.

Second, SEARCH!!!!

Get stereo out: Pull really hard. Stick a butter knife in the slots and slowly pry it off. Pictures would be nice. A quick google will tell you. Is it like this:

Aftermarket Stereo for Subs: No. To get subs, you just need an amp and some wire...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

If that picture is the actual 1995 dash, then there are 2 8mm screws in the back of the factory radio holding it in. You have to be agile and use a ratchet to get them out. Good luck.

If the dash is much more modern, then start by pulling off the center armrest. Once the armrest is away from the emergency brake, two screws will be exposed from the black plastic around the shifter. Take those out and remove the black piece carefully.
      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

94-97 are all the same
        Will's right on the second part but he missed a few steps.

Inside the armrest there's a little flap that covers up 2 screws. Remove those.

On either side of the rear part of the center console there's 2 screws. Remove those 4 screws.

Pull out the cupholder and there should be 2 screws in there too. Remove those twol

The center console should now slide back.

There's two screws on the black piece of plastic that goes up around the shifter and radio that are screwed into the front of the console. Remove those.

Pull up on the plastic bezel where you removed the screws. It should pop up around the shifter and it also needs to pop out where the clock is.

Unplug the clock and hazard switch and then remove the 2 8MM bolts on the metal bracket under the bottom DIN slot. If you use an aftermarket dash kit you'll never have to do this again unless you want to put that radio back in.

Comment

www.installdr.com

They have a step-by-step guide for your car, with pictures even.

http://installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PDF/466037.pdf

Peace.
          ** Denotes an "in car" post
          In-Car posts made from passenger seat - Be safe, Don't Post and Drive.

Comment

Just did one Saturday morning
            Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

After you've done about 20 of 'em you can do it without taking the car all apart but I won't metion that because I don't want him breaking his dash bezel.

Comment

Now im curious, you mean by removing the screw behind the ashtray and gently flexing the top out?

Comment

Working...
                X