In-Dash Car processors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Dash Car processors?

ok well i saw this sound processor floating around here on mp3car.com forums:
    http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/pr...50&l1=5250&l2=
    It's like perfect in every way and would sove my problems, exept for one thing; it's missing a channel. My original plan was to run 6 channels in my car (L-R front, L-R Back, Subwoofer). I was going to use the Griffin Firewave on a Mac mini to get those 6 channels. I would then run the channels to my amps and then to the speakers.

Anyway my point is, is there a 6 channel version of this audio controller that takes up about the same amount of space? If it comes down to it could i combine the subwoofer signal with the front and back, or would that sound like crap (probably)? or maybe i would simply have to drop the subwoofer channel from the firewave to the audio controller, but does it give enough subwoofer goodness?

Thanks if anyone can help!
    MacCar progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||||||||||||] 70%
    Parts:---------> [||||||||||||||||||||] 0%
    Construction:-> [||||||||||||||||||||] 0%

Car broken into... progress is basically zip...

Personally I'm not impressed. No offense but I wouldnt trade that up for my alpine processor. But thats me, It might be perfect for you.
    My question is, what problems are you attempting to solve using this unit
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

I purchased the Audiocontrol 6XS, but it isn't indash like that one. It has output for front, rears and subwoofer. Can't wait to get it installed

Comment

umm that 3.1 does have 6 output channels.. it would work perfectly for what you want to do.. check out this chart and look at the section that says output channels..

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/de...d=5250&l1=5250

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175
          Personally I'm not impressed. No offense but I wouldnt trade that up for my alpine processor. But thats me, It might be perfect for you.
          My question is, what problems are you attempting to solve using this unit
          Well The problem i was having before i found it was that i could not control the EQ from the computer easily (although i could). But more than that i was planning on using a Griffin powermate to control the volume, but i was a little uncomfortable with the idea that software would be controling volume (could have something go wrong that jacks the volume all the way up). This just seemed like a nice way to control all my audio needs right there in the dash. Only trouble is i dont want to have a separate stand along channel go the the sub, then what would be the point of having this system.

Sorry, i know i go on a bit.

Originally posted by hornyleprechaun
          umm that 3.1 does have 6 output channels.. it would work perfectly for what you want to do.. check out this chart and look at the section that says output channels..

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/de...d=5250&l1=5250
          Yes but i wanted 3 INPUT channels too. Sorry i should have cleared that up.
          MacCar progress:

Comment

oh wow i just realized that this only has 2 input channels (L and R) I was thinking like 2 pairs of channels or something (like two sets of L and R). Crap, so does anyone have any suggestions on what might work? like maybe an external system that comes with a wired remote that plugs into the dash? I wanted something that would basically give me all these controls but had 6 input channels and 6 output...

man i feel so dumb right now :? lol
            MacCar progress:

Comment

Nothing?

All i want is some kind of in-dash control system that can control bass, volume, balance and fader, and maybe EQ but that can be optional. I dont really need to boost the signal or give me crossovers. Anybody know of anything liek that?
              MacCar progress:

Comment

Ok well if none can help me on finding a stock control unit I will have to make my own. Anyone know how to adjust multiple channels from one pot? It's easy with one channel but how could I adjust every channel with one pot equally? I was thinking of using a pot to drive some transistors, but what power source would i use to power the pot and would there be interference from the added (albet small) electrical signal from the transistors?
                MacCar progress:

Comment

I'll say it again to go with the Alpine H701 and Rux-C701. If you can get it through ebay the 2 parts will set you back like $500-600
                  "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
                  "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
                  [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175
                    I'll say it again to go with the Alpine H701 and Rux-C701. If you can get it through ebay the 2 parts will set you back like $500-600

The C701 is a single din control unit that will give you all of what you mentioned (31 band eq control, vol, fade, balance, xover points, etc.).
                    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                    - Alpine W200/H701
                    - ED Nine.2X
                    - OZ Matrix Elites
                    - ED Nine.1
                    - Idmax 12's

Comment

$500-$600...hmm i practically gave mine away then
                      New System in progress:
                      M10k
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by 3onDubs
                        The C701 is a single din control unit that's all of an inch thick!
                        Thought I would add that in there. Many people are scared off from the Alpine because they think it's a full HU for the controller.
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                        X