Installing Logitech Z-560's into my vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Logitech Z-560's into my vehicle

Alright, I have been thinking about installing my Logitech Z-560's in my vehicle. First off, is this even worth the time and effort? I did a search and found one thread really downing it, but I wasn't sure that if with this 400w RMS system if that would be enough to overdo it. From the hardware standpoint, will a 12v to 120v convertor be my downfall?

Not this again.....
    No, it's not worth the time and effort. PC speakers aren't desgined to fill the space in your car. They aren't designed for the harsh environment of your car.
    Get some decent speakers and a sub that are designed to be used in a vehicle. You'll be much happier.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

READ HERE

Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

^^^^ LOL - At least he didn't say search, just read! But yeah man, why would you ever install home speakers in a car?

BRent
        1999 Nissan SE-L - turbo toy
        1993 Nissan NX - Turbo Racer

Standalone fuel management (AEM EMS) on both
        carPC

Comment

I saw the word logitech and I thought: "would this be about pc-speakers again?" and unfortunatly I was right
          Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
          CLARION HX-D2
          CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
          CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
          CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Originally posted by fatmanmitch
            will a 12v to 120v convertor be my downfall?
            No. Posting this thread will be your downfall.
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

It was a simple question, so you all can kiss my fatass.

What is a good entry level speaker set to go with?

Comment

Go to your local stereo shop or even Crutchfield or CarDomain and see what fits your car.
                Or you can just buy some out of the back of a van in a WalMart parking lot. If you do that, we can't guarantee they'll fit.

And your simple question could have been answered without all teh smart-*** comments by a simple search of the forums to locate one long-assed (and far more smart-assed) thread about the same subject.

This is where we say search, n00b, search!
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

fatmanmitch - you have to understand - this question has been beat into the ground. Because the OP in that other thread refused to listen it got to be pretty damn funny...this thread is essentially just a reincarnation of that thread....

leme type something up for you regarding the entry level question real quick...
                  Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

What speakers/amps should I go withi?

This is a question that is often asked by newcomers and veterans alike in the Car Stereo world.

Many people want to get the best bang for their buck, which is completely understandable. However, these is not one set of speakers that will fit everyone’s needs.

Building your system is much like building a computer. You buy a processor based on the capabilities of the motherboard. You wouldn’t buy an AMD processor for an Intel board. The memory you buy also depends on your motherboards capabilities. Same with the hard drives, if you’re mother board can take a SATA 3.0 hard drive, why would you just put an IDE drive on it?

Imagine the motherboard as your requirements for sound. The processor, memory, and hard drives are all of the components of the stereo system. Then there’s the always present money issue.

Some words of advice I can give you:
                    • Stay with name brands. There’s something to be said about an amp that claims 3,000 watts of power with only a 20 amp fuse. (P = A x I x E [168 watts = 20 amps x 12 volts x 70% efficiency])
                    • If a brand tends to make claims that are too good to be true, guess what? They probably are.
                    • For a speaker, there are a few things to consider. What size opening do you have available in your car? What about depth? What about available power? What about money?
                    • You don’t need to be so concerned with matching claimed amp power output with claimed speaker power handling. Just stay close to the speakers claimed requirements and you should be good.

This is all I have for now, just woke up and not yet thinking completely coherent.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                      Go to your local stereo shop or even Crutchfield or CarDomain and see what fits your car.
                      Or you can just buy some out of the back of a van in a WalMart parking lot. If you do that, we can't guarantee they'll fit.

And your simple question could have been answered without all teh smart-*** comments by a simple search of the forums to locate one long-assed (and far more smart-assed) thread about the same subject.

This is where we say search, n00b, search!
                      I had read through that thread, but I thought maybe it had gotten carried away a bit (I am not going to say the guy had a point, rather stupid to ignore many people saying it doesn't work) so I was just going for confirmation. I got it.

Anyway, I drive a 91 S10 and I have standard 4x6's in the dash, but I've got some funky *** 4x10's in the rear. I was going to just go with some Xplod's for now, just to get my old speakers replaced, but from what I have seen they don't make a 4x10. I can't find a 4x10 in Walmart, which was where I was going to go from. Oh well, what is a good online store?

Comment

Ok, just looked around some via Google and found 4x6 Xplods for $26.95/pair, which I think is reasonable, but if there is a better deal let me know.

The 4x10 Xplod's were $54.95/pair, and that seems, well, ridiculous to me. I know it is a bigger speaker and may cost a little more, but double?

Comment

1 thing to say: stay away from them sony crap speakers! you'll maybe have to pay a little more for a good brand pair of speakers, but it will definatly be worth it!

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

xplod =
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                              xplod =

no way.... really?

indeed, stay away from xplods!

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

Working...
                              X