Nav Disc locked inside of Avic D1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Disc locked inside of Avic D1

I bought a demo unit from Circuit City, and the nav disc is locked inside and cannot be ejected. The install guy said the Pioneer rep did something to lock the DVD so it won't get stolen. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the disc?

Originally posted by Pogigreg
    I bought a demo unit from Circuit City, and the nav disc is locked inside and cannot be ejected. The install guy said the Pioneer rep did something to lock the DVD so it won't get stolen. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the disc?
    unlock it and hit eject
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
      unlock it and hit eject
      How do I unlock it?

Comment

See any place were you can stick an unwound paper clip? That would eject the disk.

But this is the wrong forum to ask this at. We do not use the AVICs here... we make our own
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Pogigreg
          How do I unlock it?
          i dunno, you didn't ask us how to unlock it!
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

The idiots at Circuit City should know how to do it, otherwise search in an AVIC or pioneer forum, or, call pioneer.

Comment

call CC and ask when the pioneer rep is going to be there and have him do it.
              1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
              Pictures
              Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Might have to take it apart to unlock it, I've seen some of these with a rod physically inserted thru the top, so nobody sticks anything in, and nothing comes out...
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Call Pioneer. I bet it is some secret sequence of key presses to unlock it. We do a similar thing at Sony. We can lock LocationFree units into "kiosk" mode so the settings cannot be changed. It is not listed in the typical owner's manual... but we in the know know how to unlock those...
                  ~Puff

View my worklog... I dare you... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77267

Carputer Progress [||------------------] 10%

Comment

secret to unlocking pioneer avic

With the power off, press and hold the AV and info buttons. While holding those buttons press the small reset dimple under the source button(you need a paperclip) Power the unit on (yes, you need 3 hands) hold all 3 for 5 seconds, and the system will then unlock and you can remove the dvd.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to give it a try.

Comment

I had exactly the same issue. When you call Pioneer, they claim to know nothing about it and won't give you info. I got the instructions from a dealer and it worked for me. I also ordered the upgrade disc on eBay for $45, they worked great as well

Comment

Originally posted by Pogigreg View Post
                          Thanks, I am going to give it a try.

Did you get it to work? I recently bought a demo unit and tried the same thing but it doesn't work for me.

Comment

No, I never got the disc out.

Comment

It took me a few times, but it worked for me. Maybe you have special units that are different from the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X