Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 speakers in 4 inputs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 speakers in 4 inputs?

    This is probably quite a simple question, but...

    I have a Blaupunkt Vancouver CD-35 stereo system in my car. The thing has got inputs for only 4 speakers, and currently I have all 4 speakers plugged in: 2 small tweeters, and two smallish general speakers, and they're all in the front of the car.

    Now I would like to add 2 more speakers, and I bought a pair of Blaupunkt GTx 92 speakers before I noticed that the system can only fit four speakers... Can I plug the two new speakers in the same connectors (i.e. have four speakers plugged to the connectors of two speakers) without doing damage to the system? If I do a parallel connection, then the impedance will be reduced to 2 ohms, right? Could this do damage to the amplifier?

    Also, I find it weird that even though I now have four speakers connected, and the connectors are marked Right Front, Right Rear, Left Front, Left Rear, when I use the fader to fade out the front speakers and only use the "rear" speakers, I can't hear anything at all?!? Physically that's true, as all the speakers now are in the front part of the car, but the fader setting can't know that, can it?

  • #2
    tweeters are not full range speakers.

    sounds like you have your tweets hooked up to a full range output. thats a no no.

    this is more of a carputer forum.

    go try an audio forum for better responses.
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sdashiki
      tweeters are not full range speakers.
      sounds like you have your tweets hooked up to a full range output. thats a no no.
      Yes, I know that very well. And that is why I use high pass filters in between.

      Originally posted by sdashiki
      this is more of a carputer forum.

      go try an audio forum for better responses.
      Yes, I am aware of that. But since there's a section called 'car audio' here, I thought I'd try my luck here. Obviously I want better responses than yours.

      Comment


      • #4
        Obviously you are not going to get them now.
        Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Will Albers
          Obviously you are not going to get them now.
          Hey Will, I don't think my original post was in any way offensive, and it's okay if people here can't answer my question. I was put off a bit by sdashiki's reply, and that's why I reacted, but I don't see why you'd need to now reply to the post in that manner. I thought I had asked just a simple question in the original post.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sdashiki was not being offensive at all, we get car audio centric guys pop in here for 5 posts all the time and then get ticked that we dont answer their question. Sdashiki laid it out to you as we lay it out to everyone else in the same boat. In fact he was much nicer than most of us. He suggested you try other forums as they generally spend more attention on questions like these.

            ...yet you gave him attitude.

            I have your answer. I just don't care to share it with you because of how you reacted after 2 posts on this forum. Learn the social etiquette of a forum before you reply in such ways. Maybe other people will be nicer than me (probably are).
            Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fair enough.

              I asked the question at another forum, and I got an answer right away - without attitude thrown in from either side.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by k-drive
                This is probably quite a simple question, but...

                I have a Blaupunkt Vancouver CD-35 stereo system in my car. The thing has got inputs for only 4 speakers, and currently I have all 4 speakers plugged in: 2 small tweeters, and two smallish general speakers, and they're all in the front of the car.

                Now I would like to add 2 more speakers, and I bought a pair of Blaupunkt GTx 92 speakers before I noticed that the system can only fit four speakers... Can I plug the two new speakers in the same connectors (i.e. have four speakers plugged to the connectors of two speakers) without doing damage to the system? If I do a parallel connection, then the impedance will be reduced to 2 ohms, right? Could this do damage to the amplifier?

                Also, I find it weird that even though I now have four speakers connected, and the connectors are marked Right Front, Right Rear, Left Front, Left Rear, when I use the fader to fade out the front speakers and only use the "rear" speakers, I can't hear anything at all?!? Physically that's true, as all the speakers now are in the front part of the car, but the fader setting can't know that, can it?
                Get a 2 channel amp.

                Edit: To avoid confusion , plug it to the line out ( the female composite plugs on the back of your head unit)

                Comment

                Working...
                X