i need help PLEAS HELP ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help PLEAS HELP ME

i have 2 alpine e type 12"s with a alpine vpower 650 wat amp and im running a fosgate cap but not shure what kind now when ever i turn my volume past 16 the subs turn off and i have checked the amp the subs and the cap and they are all good the amp gets hot but i had it checked out and they said its all good now if i only hook up 1 sub it works fine but if both r hooked up it shuts off i have no idea what to do i think it kight be the deck or a short in the car someone please help me.

sounds like the amp is going into protect mode. how are the two subs wired?
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I did an install of that amp on two 12" type R's (2ohm DVC) and it works really well, i agree w/ scott_fx, check to make sure your subs are wired properly, so you have the right load on the amp

since i think the e type only comes in a 4ohm single voice coil, i would suggest making sure that the subs are wired in parrallel so that there is a 2ohm load on the amp, therefore the amp would be pushing 600 watts [more then the RMS for those subs but not unreasonable, they should be able to handle the extra 50 watts]

hope this helps ...
      MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
      --worklog--

Comment

i have both 12's hooked into the mono amp but i have a 4 gage power wire runing into a spliter one power wire goes 2 my 450 wat 6 channel and one goes 2 my cap then 2 m,y vpower amp but i already had the amp checked out and it works fine but i just tried hooking up another deck and it worked fine so i think it might be the deck but still need advice on what 2 do???

Comment

Originally posted by moonjavie07
          i have both 12's hooked into the mono amp but i have a 4 gage power wire runing into a spliter one power wire goes 2 my 450 wat 6 channel and one goes 2 my cap then 2 m,y vpower amp but i already had the amp checked out and it works fine but i just tried hooking up another deck and it worked fine so i think it might be the deck but still need advice on what 2 do???

please explain how they are hooked up? let us know where each speaker lead is getting attatched to.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

well if it is the deck [i assume you mean headunit/radio] then i guess your options are replace it, get it repaired, or umm replace it, what deck is it? how old and where did you buy it .. or is it stock?
            MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
            --worklog--

Comment

u might want 2 try typing complete words and use punctuation bcoz i hav no idea wut u r tryin 2 say and also lay off the speed.
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

i have red hooked 2 red and black hooked 2 black but i sent my deck in earlier 2day and i tried hooking a new deck up again 2day but it still does it ???

Comment

Is it really hard to type using correct punctuation, spelling and capitalization? "2" is one keystroke, "to" is only two; where's the shortcut?

Here's so moonjavie can read:
                  is it really hard 2 type using correct punctuation spelling and capitalization OMG LOL!!!1!!! u have 2 b kidding me

Comment

i have red hooked 2 red and black hooked 2 black but i sent my deck in earlier 2day and i tried hooking a new deck up again 2day but it still does it ???

so you have two subs? are the dual voice coil? do you have each terminal on the voice coil wired to it's corresponding terminal on the amp? (i.e. all the +[red] terminals on the speakers each going to the +[red] on the amp and vise versa with the -[black terminals])
                    New System in progress:
                    M10k
                    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

i have a solution for you and everyone here....wherever u took it to test the amp let them check how they are wired up..in series or parallel....it seems the way the subs are wired up to the amp are dropping the resistance level and the amp can not handle such a low impedence level and its why its causing it to cut off...its a safety feature for the amp so you dont burn it out...try wiring the subs a different way and you will be fine...than again it seems you dont know what the hell your doing so take it to a professional place and let them do it for you.
                      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Exactly. If you don't understand what "impedence" is, or how to spell it for that matter, then you probably shouldn't have hooked it up yourself.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...M_SWE-1242.pdf

Click that, print out your instruction manual, and stop pretending like you don't need it. Go to page two and look at Example 3. That's how you're going to wire your subs up. That will run your amp at 2-ohmns and thus, get all 600watts out of its one channel. That should be PLENTY for your subs to handle constantly.

If for some reason your system still continues to take a dump, it's probably your amp being redic. Check your ground. Otherwise, just bring it somewhere.
                        2004 Ford Mustang

Comment

your amplifier has an indicator LED on the top which should tell you if it goes into protect mode, to start you should see if that is happening, if you don't know what I'm talking about look in the owneres manual for the LED.

I have 2 alpine type Es currenlty running off 2 different amps, but I had them running off a 500 watt mono block amp for a while fine.

There is alot of possible problems, first off your subs are rated to draw up to 750 watts, so if putting your volume up past 16 is pushing the amp to draw lets say 600 watts per sub, now ur pulling out 1200 watts from a amp which is rated for 650 RMS, now the peak power of the amp is unknown to me, but if its less than 1200 it may be overpowering it, and since your running in 2Ohms it is really easy to do this.

Second problem you can have is that yes your subs are 250watt rms and you have a 650 watt rms amplifier, therefore you should be able to run both for about 500 watt RMS and be completely in the clear. But the thing you have to realize is that the specs that are givin by manufacturers are under perfect conditions, this means that the amplifier was probably running in an air conditioned room about 65-70 degrees, not your car in the summertime (which mines was 160 degrees inside today) that effects your performance because its much easier to overheat an amplifier in 160 degrees then in 70.

Second thing that could be effect is your voltage, i dont know how much you know about electronics (not much from what ive seen so far) but Watts is Amps x Volts, if your battery is running low then for ur amplifier to keep up it is going to have to pull more amps to compensate, well the more amps it pulls teh more easily it can overheat and go into protect mode. Again the test was done in optimum conditions which is 14.4 volts (what your alternator outputs) but thats assuming you have a 50 watt alternator hooked up directly to your amplifier and not running anything else in the motor, so if your voltage is low becuz u have a computer and speaker amps running off a stock battery and stock alternator now your sub is drawing too many amps and again is going to go into protect. Also if the voltage drops to a certain point the amplifier circuitry doesnt have enough power to run and will shut off completely if the protect light isnt even going on.

so my advice is, check your voltage while your are using the subs as you slowly increase the volume and see how much it is dropping, try putting a fan next to ur amp with the trunk open adn see if it does it still, and check the LED indicator, after youve gathered all the results come back and tell us what you found so we can better help you fix your problem.

ps: i agree with everyone else, learn to type :-p
                          www.campusmischief.com

Comment

If you don't understand what "impedence" is, or how to spell it for that matter,
                            Most ironic post so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
                              Most ironic post so far.
                              I wasn't goint to say it

@ Epon: it's spelled impedAnce!
                              Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
                              CLARION HX-D2
                              CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
                              CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
                              CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Working...
                              X