H701 ai-net question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H701 ai-net question

This is not a carputer question (i appologize....flamesuit on), but I have asked this question in other forums and I was unable to get an answer. I figured that the experts here have more experience with the H701 than pretty much anyone else and I trust that knowledge...

...with that said, i'm running a W200 (double din hu)/H701 combo and the W200 acts as the controller for the H701 by connecting via an ai-net cable. I am adding an Alpine Bluetooth module that needs an ai-net connection, but the problem is that the only ai-net connection on the W200 is being used by the H701.

The H701 has an ai-net connection that is intended for an optional alpine cd changer. Does anyone know if I would be able to connect my Alpine Bluetooth module to this slot and have it be fully functional? In other words, can the H701's second ai-net port host modules other than the cd changer?

I appreciate any input...
    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
    - Alpine W200/H701
    - ED Nine.2X
    - OZ Matrix Elites
    - ED Nine.1
    - Idmax 12's

I don't see why not? You can always call the tech dept @ alpine! They always help me, Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

I am going to say yes.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro..._KCA-100BT.pdf
      2007 Tahoe
      Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Naamanf
        Thanks....

In one of the pictures in the manual u linked me to, it has the bluetooth connected in parallel with a CD changer on that same ai-net port, so i think it should work!
        PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
        - Alpine W200/H701
        - ED Nine.2X
        - OZ Matrix Elites
        - ED Nine.1
        - Idmax 12's

Comment

I was going to say yes to, but you all beat me to it. It should work no problem, the H701 is essentially a pass through for the controller/HU in your case W200.

Brent
          1999 Nissan SE-L - turbo toy
          1993 Nissan NX - Turbo Racer

Standalone fuel management (AEM EMS) on both
          carPC

Comment

Working...
          X