Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Enclosure Slot port

Hi,

I have a JL 10 W7. The recommended ported enclosure for this is a slot. Does anyone know anything about this and ported enclosures in general, how do you know the size of the port and where to put it?

Thanks

The port area should be listed. Rectangular area is calculated by width x height. You can put the port anywhere on the box but people usually put them on the baffle face.

Comment

If you visit JL Audio's website they will give you the exact dimensions for creating a slot port enclosure.
      2003 Mazda Protege5 -- Clarion/DLS/Eclipse
      Click here for install photos!

Comment

just backing up what the others have said!

do you have a length for the port as well?
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

thanks for the response guys. I realise that jl have the dimensions for a slot port but I was trying to get an understanding as I am wanting to create a customer fit box. So is it the port length that is important or the port area (ie the size of the hole?)

Thanks

Comment

all of it.

I understand wanting to keep it all custom.

You really need to keep the port as they have recommended.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

OK so if the port area and the port length are both key, what is stopping me from making the port sqaure as apossed to a slot?

Comment

I don't think there's a difference in going with a rectangular port v. a square port.

Make sure the face of the port is tapered to cut down on port noise.

From my understanding, a circular port will cut down on noise the most.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

You're supposed to not bypass a 3:4 ratio of the length of the sides. Try not to make the lenghs multiples of eachother and you'll be okay.

Comment

Here is a one-stop all you need to know on building box's forum:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Good luck....
                    PostCount++

- SrCsTc's Bezel
                    - Alpine W200/H701
                    - ED Nine.2X
                    - OZ Matrix Elites
                    - ED Nine.1
                    - Idmax 12's

Comment

Another quick question a can't find a definitive answer to. In terms of port length. Is it just the length that is key? Can a port have an 180degree bend in it.

Thanks

Comment

yes, a bend is ok, just keep the same dimensions
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

Just remember if you angle the port to measure the length down the midline of the vent.

Comment

Working...
                          X