Alpine PXA-H701 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine PXA-H701 question

so ive looked around on google, forums, alpine's site and so far havnt found the answer. So here it is: are you able to use the PXA-H701 on its own w/o a controller?

You mean without the RUX?

Comment

without the RUX or an alpine HU (using the AiNet connection)

ps im pretty sure that it DOES need a controller, and you can't control it directly from the pxa-h701.

Comment

wow so within 30 min after posting i found the answer.... blah was reading the list of 5.1 digital amps on page like 8 i got my answer

unfortunately it DOES require a controller dang (was hoping to buy the RUX and PXA 2 different times so wasnt a $650 dent lol, was hoping only a $400 and $200 oh well)

mods feel free to delete this thread

Comment

Originally posted by BDVirus View Post
          wow so within 30 min after posting i found the answer.... blah was reading the list of 5.1 digital amps on page like 8 i got my answer

unfortunately it DOES require a controller dang (was hoping to buy the RUX and PXA 2 different times so wasnt a $650 dent lol, was hoping only a $400 and $200 oh well)

mods feel free to delete this thread

this thread is good for those who are going to search in the future. good title and the answer can be found on the first page. no need to delete this.
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

lol true, no 8 pages to get to the useful info lol

altho browsing the forums actually does work as i found out

Comment

I wouldnt want to use the processor without the controller, because you lose all functionality of the unit without the controller. You might as well just go with an analog eq for that matter.
              Just my opinion
              "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
              "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
              [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

well i wasnt sure if it had a LCD on it with basic controls so it could be used (not to its fullest, but still btr then w/o it), so it could be bought in 2 stages (pxa-h701 first then the rux controller)

Comment

well i wasnt sure if it had a LCD on it with basic controls so it could be used (not to its fullest, but still btr then w/o it), so it could be bought in 2 stages (pxa-h701 first then the rux controller)
                  for a less expensive alternative and w/o the clutter of the rux you could get and audio control eq/x-over and a non oversampling usb dac

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83139
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

i like the alpine, more the cost.... $650 to just eliminate some signals that you dont want to send to a speaker

now dont get me wrong a DSP/EQ is going to make the sound clearer, since the speakers dont have to play frequencies that either A) outside the band they should play (i.e. subs) or B) you have other speakers that take care of those frequencies (maybe with a little overlap, depending on setup and car)

and i would like to get it, just have a hard time going through with it when im not gonna end up doing SQ/SPL competitions.... granted i do want a medium-high quality system so im gonna most likely get it, just gonna take a while to swallow that pill

Comment

i like the alpine, more the cost.... $650 to just eliminate some signals that you dont want to send to a speaker

now dont get me wrong a DSP/EQ is going to make the sound clearer, since the speakers dont have to play frequencies that either A) outside the band they should play (i.e. subs) or B) you have other speakers that take care of those frequencies (maybe with a little overlap, depending on setup and car)

and i would like to get it, just have a hard time going through with it when im not gonna end up doing SQ/SPL competitions.... granted i do want a medium-high quality system so im gonna most likely get it, just gonna take a while to swallow that pill

the usb dac will also eliminate those signals, bypassing windows k-mixer all together. if your amps have x-overs and pre outs (or if you're just using one four chan amp) then you don't even need the x-over. iyou may not even need the eq if you're not seriously competing or if you are happy with the software x-overs that road runner can use or the pre installed eq in centrafuse. the usb dac will get you an amazing signal and douglas is using top notch components too. it's something to seriously consider.
                      New System in progress:
                      M10k
                      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

well i havnt actually BOUGHT anything for my car yet this fall is new desktop computer (i game alot, and my systems a bit old)

next year is starting the car audio adventure, so i have time to figure it out. Ill make sure to keep my eye on it.

Comment

BD - I wouldn't totally count out the Comp thing. It's a very good feeling to build your system yourself and win even a local show.

Just because you compete doesn't mean you have to be serious with it.

It's a great chance to meet new people and learn a good deal.

Just a thought.
                          Jan Bennett
                          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                          X