Kinetik Batteries Should I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinetik Batteries Should I?

Cant find many review on Kinetik batties , are they any good? I have around 3000 RMS and have a yellow top optima thinking of flagging capactiors and just getting a kch600.

Has any one used or has experencies with them, or should I pair up with a capacitor

Many thanks hope this thread can shed some light on them
    my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

I would add both a battery and capacitors. I would go with either the HC1400 or HC1800 and at least 3 farads of standard electrolytic capacitor. This way you will have plenty of power available for your amplifiers. A good way to kill your amps is to starve them of power. I use kinetik and it is a good manufacturer of batteries.

Comment

I'd personally be looking at a good deep cycle, sealed lead acid battery...

thats what I'll be getting... a 230aH SLA... 65kgs worth mind you

Comment

Kinetik = good batteries

Comment

Would you buy of a site like http://www.caraudioandmore.net/Store...x?catId=484032
          and if the KHC600 is a Cap killer why would you pair it with a capasitor?

When the KCH is the same as a 100 farad capasitors surly this is all you need
          my TURBO! Altezza!

ATEZZA / IS200 3SGE-TURBO 6SPD MANUAL , EPIA 13000, 512 RAM W/LAN , 100GIG , GPS , TOUCH, 3X LCD, FLUSH TOUCHPAD MOUSE, SOUNDBLASTER EXTERNAL

Comment

just to cover all your bases...you have already upgraded the big 3, right?
            New System in progress:
            M10k
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
            Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
            Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
            Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
            Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
            My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Damn it after you said big 3 I cannot fid that post any more even if i search it where has it gone !

I have done my battery with a yellow top and my wirining with 1 guage but have not done my alternator yet .

P.s im doing reasurch from hospital so ill have my parts when i get out dont worry my crash wasnt from looking at a car computer!

Why would you need more than a 100 farad capasiotor as the khc600 is sposed to be!
              my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

did you do the grounds as well?
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

No I didnt , what the battery grounds? , or 1 guage the amp grounds im thinking about going 8 guauge to a distro block and then 4 guage ground.

POWER
                  Optimia --- 1 ga -- kinetic --- 4 ga --- distro --- 8 ga -- 3 amps and carpc

GROUND
                  3 amps and carpc --- 8ga --- distro --- 4ga --- Good Ground ground

Does that sound logical too you
                  my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

You should always run AT LEAST as big a ground as power. Remember, electricity travels in a loop.

You can have a HUGE power wire, but you're limiting your current capabilities by going with a smaller ground.

Also, upgrade the wiring to the alternator before you go much further...if it's possible to access it that is...lol
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Philhop View Post
                      Would you buy of a site like http://www.caraudioandmore.net/Store...x?catId=484032
                      and if the KHC600 is a Cap killer why would you pair it with a capasitor?
                      Kinetik is an AGM battery manufacturer. AGM (Absorption Glass Mat) sealed battery technology was originally developed in 1985 for military aircraft where power, weight, safety, and reliability were paramount considerations.

AGM battery technology has continued to develop and offer improvements over other sealed battery technologies. AGM technology has become the next step in the evolution of both starting and deep cycle sealed batteries for marine, RV, and aviation applications. This "next generation" technology delivers increased safety, performance, and service life over all other existing sealed battery types, including gel technology.

In AGM sealed batteries, the acid is absorbed between the plates and immobilized by a very fine fiberglass mat. No silica gel is necessary. This glass mat absorbs and immobilizes the acid while still keeping the acid available to the plates. This allows a fast reaction between acid and plate material.

The AGM battery has an extremely low internal electrical resistance. This, combined with faster acid migration, allows the AGM batteries to deliver and absorb higher rates of amperage than other sealed batteries during discharging and charging. In addition, AGM technology batteries can be charged at normal lead-acid regulated charging voltages, therefore, it is not necessary to recalibrate charging systems or purchase special chargers.

Originally posted by Philhop View Post
                      When the KCH is the same as a 100 farad capasitors surly this is all you need
                      With that being said, it is still a battery. A capacitor is an energy-storage device that is able to release its stored energy far faster than any battery. Because of this, when a peak current draw is demanded from the amplifiers, the capacitor will provide the energy required giving the battery time to release its energy. Also, it has a smoothing effect on the ripples of current draw; thus not beating on your charging system. This is why I suggested adding a standard, electrolytic capacitor to your system. They are inexpensive and easy to add. I would buy what ever is on sale. http://www.cardomain.com/item/LITB1003 This is a good choice. All of these caps are the same. In fact, they are all probably made by the same manufacturer. The difference lies in how pretty they look and any other items they add on (like a volt meter). The rule of thumb is 1 farad for every 1,000 rms watts.

Comment

*sigh*

looks like we're going to have yet another debate about caps v. batteries....

maybe we should just create one big sticky for it....lol
                        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Caps = teh suck

Batteries FTW!

...and I was just starting to think that Jeff knew his stuff.

Comment

ditto Shadow.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

So basicly your saying the KHC not as good as a 100 farad capasitor but probley better than a battery! lol Isn't that fause advertising!
                              , I think that i will buy a khc600 as there will be probley with it ,
                              Just weaither its worth its money , but i dont think ill pair it with a capasitor and ill look at my alternator wiriing also .
                              my TURBO! Altezza!

Comment

Working...
                              X