Question: Best subs for rock music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Best subs for rock music

Hey...I'm looking to put in one or two subs, probably one, and I mainly listen to rock music. I've heard going with a 10 will give me a tighter bass response which is good for that style of music. So, my question is, do I get one or two, and which ones do I get? Also, what amp should I be looking at? Finally, I do listen to rap occasionally, so if possible, what will give me that good rock sound along with decent bass for rap/hip hop? I don't want to spend a ton of money on this project. Thanks!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82850
    Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Originally posted by qvplite View Post
      Hey...I'm looking to put in one or two subs, probably one, and I mainly listen to rock music. I've heard going with a 10 will give me a tighter bass response which is good for that style of music. So, my question is, do I get one or two, and which ones do I get? Also, what amp should I be looking at? Finally, I do listen to rap occasionally, so if possible, what will give me that good rock sound along with decent bass for rap/hip hop? I don't want to spend a ton of money on this project. Thanks!
      a properly built box and sub will be able to play all your music effectively. i guess it's more of a question of:
      what kind of car do you have? whats your budget? do you want soundquality or spl (volume)
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81064

as well as the link that Will posted.

Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I have found it more about the box type (sealed, ported), than the speaker. I have found that rock sounds better on sealed boxes, because it is usually a quick kick drum. Rap music sounds better on ported, but even then, it has to be tuned correctly. for ported: if you are trying to design it yourself, keep your box's resonant frequency high (like 60hz) to give the sound more of a punch. ported is louder, but can easily sound bad. Build it out of wood so you can redesign it. good luck.
          Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

keep your box's resonant frequency high (like 60hz)
            No, that would be bad. You want the TUNING to be 60Hz, not the resonant frequency. If the resonant frequency as 60Hz and there was enough pressure in the box, it would explode violently.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
              No, that would be bad. You want the TUNING to be 60Hz, not the resonant frequency. If the resonant frequency as 60Hz and there was enough pressure in the box, it would explode violently.
              good catch. that's exactly right
              Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                awesome! then is say resonant freq as 60hz! and video tape it!
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

freakin jackass.. ONE spelling mistake in 669 posts and you get on me about it?

Comment

Working...
                  X