questions on runnin another amp to my system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on runnin another amp to my system

As soon as I get my new car, I will be putting my system back in! Im currently running 2 12 inch Alpine Type Rs being powered by a RF 900w Mono block. Ill be also adding underglow, and replacing the factory battery with a red top which was in my other car. I plan on buying a monte carlo which has a 104 amp stock alt. already. I will be swapping the front and rear speakers with 4-way pioneers in the front and 5-way in the rear. I was thinkin of adding a small amp just to push the speakers, but i was undecided if i wanted to add another one to push the subs also; Ill also be bypassing the factory amp! what would i need to add another amp and anyone kno any good small amps to add that are reasonably priced? Ill be wiring the big amp with this...

Help, Please!!!!

4 way = overkill
    5 way = beating a dead horse

Why don't you get some nice 2-way components instead? It'll sound a LOT better.

Comment

i already have em, thats why, its true i wasnt impressed with the sound quality at all

Comment

but any other advice???????

Comment

So you're asking about what, a four channel amplifier? We can't really give you any reccomendations without the specs on the speakers your using, or what you consider a 'decent' price.

Comment

Originally posted by Cip View Post
            but any other advice???????
            Ya, read the stickies at the top of the forum. Specifically this one: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82850
            Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa View Post
              So you're asking about what, a four channel amplifier? We can't really give you any reccomendations without the specs on the speakers your using, or what you consider a 'decent' price.

Max power 460 watts
              5-way 6"x9" speaker
              Aramid fiber reinforced IMPP woofer with rubber surround
              Polyester fiber semi-dome midrange
              Power range 2-80 watts RMS
              Frequency response 25-30,000 Hz
              Sensitivity 93 dB
              Top-mount depth 3-3/8"

Composite IMPP cone using interlaced aramid fiber
              Heat-resistant voice coil
              Glass-imide voice coil bobbin for higher power handling capabilities
              11 oz Strontium magnet
              Full-depth basket for longer excursion and richer bass
              1 5/8" Midrange balanced dome
              5/8" Tweeter
              3/8" Super Tweeter
              Woofer 160mm
              Max Power: 260 Watts
              Nominal Power: 50 W
              Frequency Response: 30-33,000 Hz
              Sensitivity: 91 dB
              Impedance: 4 ohms

lets not worry about price, lets talk quality 1st

Comment

RMS (Nominal) power on those speakers is fairly low. An amplifier that can put out between 50-75 watts per channel should be fine. 'Quality' amps can be anywhere from $150 to thousands of dollars. I'll assume because of the speakers you have you're probably looking for closer to $100-$200, in which case some nice four channel amps to consider are ones by JL, Alpine, and others that i'm sure people will suggest.

Comment

how do i get them to run at max power? and if i add this other amp what am i gonna need? will it drain my battery? lemme kno! thanks

Comment

more importantly, WHY do they have to run at max power?? Is it a race?
                    Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

how do japs make 50 watts into 260 watts! the mind boggles!!!
                      Progress: ~99%
                      Fitted, Running.
                      boot install to tidy when better weather arrives

Comment

y have em if u edont make em scream?

Comment

Same goes for your car engine? Rev it to max each time?

So you are telling us that you are more interested in total volume than sound quality?

Ya know, you can turn on the LOUD feature of your headunit and raise the bass and treble controls to max (do the same with your gains) to get more volume out of your system

Comment

well what happened was when i did install them in my car i didnt notice any difference between them and the factory setup i figured itd be louder and wouldnt distort at max volume but it did, but yea i want loud and clear

Comment

So go out and buy speakers that can handle higher RMS wattage. And blow a grand.
                              2004 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X