• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a headunit like this

i need a head unit that
    -ipod ready with interface so that you can control ipod threw hu
    -aux input
    are there andy head units like this so i can switch in beetween ipod and pc and radio and cd and all that

Yes many. Start with alpine and

Comment

word of warning, for ipod support dont get pioneer unless you get the pioneer with a flip out screen and nav

Comment

blkwrx, i think ricecrispy210 was looking for an informative response like compnut21 supplied. Your reply offered no value. Sometimes searching results in 2 or more hours of data review and headaches. There are some threads in the forums that exceed 50 pages. Some people enjoy passing on the lessons of their labors to others. Remember that part of searching is asking. I hope I am not alienating myself in the forums because I will be leaning on many of you in reaching my goal of an ultimate carputer.

Comment

jeffreyd_tx: Please read this entry: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53368

The OP's question also screams of doing aboslutely no research. Not to mention the fact that his question has little, if anything possible to do with the actual idea of putting a CarPC into his car. If that's what the aux-in for, then fine, but in context, he is simply looking for car audio advice.

This is also one of those questions that has been answered in many ways, many times. If the OP had a few models with specific questions about why A is different than B or which one has an easier to use interface, that would also be acceptable to me.

In any case, blkwrx was being quite nice compared to some of us.

Comment

the 2006 alpine head units have a feature called full speed, its a faster ipod interface than previous modles, it allows you control you ipod from the head unit, it takes a few uses to get used to it, but it really does work well and is pretty quick, (some times easier then using the touch wheel itself, i've always prefered the click nob over the touch wheel) then if the head unit does not come with a seporate aux in, you can use the apline AI-net (used for connecting tons of different alpine accesories) and an AI-net to R/L stereo rca (http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/kca-121b.jpgor any of the above mentioned alpine accesories) to connect your car pc ... there are plenty of ways to do this .. this is just how i have done mine ... good luck hope this gives you some information

eh didnt really mean for this to be an alpine add, but im kinda an alpine headunit whore
            MobileThree: in car - Zotac Atom/ION - linuxICE 2.0.2
            --worklog--

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyd_tx View Post
              blkwrx, i think ricecrispy210 was looking for an informative response like compnut21 supplied. Your reply offered no value. Sometimes searching results in 2 or more hours of data review and headaches. There are some threads in the forums that exceed 50 pages. Some people enjoy passing on the lessons of their labors to others. Remember that part of searching is asking. I hope I am not alienating myself in the forums because I will be leaning on many of you in reaching my goal of an ultimate carputer.
              My response held plenty of value based on question posted. The OP asked for 2 things for a HU... iPod integration and aux out but didn't give any criteria for price or any other features which leaves about a gazillion HU meeting his description. Alpine was the first to offer iPod integration so I told him to start there. I can't tell him what HU to run out and get because his criteria is too broad.

Jahntassa - I thought I was being nice too

Comment

Originally posted by red_parchel View Post
                the 2006 alpine head units have a feature called full speed, its a faster ipod interface than previous modles, it allows you control you ipod from the head unit, it takes a few uses to get used to it, but it really does work well and is pretty quick, (some times easier then using the touch wheel itself, i've always prefered the click nob over the touch wheel) then if the head unit does not come with a seporate aux in, you can use the apline AI-net (used for connecting tons of different alpine accesories) and an AI-net to R/L stereo rca (http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/kca-121b.jpgor any of the above mentioned alpine accesories) to connect your car pc ... there are plenty of ways to do this .. this is just how i have done mine ... good luck hope this gives you some information

eh didnt really mean for this to be an alpine add, but im kinda an alpine headunit whore
                Personally I am partial to Eclipse HU's which also now have iPod integration but Alpine was the first to offer it. Like I said without a price range its really hard to give HU advice. The Eclipse units with iPod integration start at $250 and go to $650. I don't know about the Alpine units. The Eclipse CD3000 meets the OP's 2 requirements.

Now I'm being really nice

Comment

Originally posted by blkwrx View Post
                  Now I'm being really nice
                  no! now you're just being a cissy
                  Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
                  CLARION HX-D2
                  CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
                  CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
                  CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Originally posted by blkwrx View Post
                    Personally I am partial to Eclipse HU's

btw jeffreyd_tx, spend a bit more time around here and you will understand why some people get slightly irritated at questions like this.
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post

btw jeffreyd_tx, spend a bit more time around here and you will understand why some people get slightly irritated at questions like this.
                      Would you like to elaborate on the

Comment

Eclipse used to make damn nice head units. DAMN nice.

Then they sold out.

I'll said what I said in another thread:

In previous years, Eclipse used upwards of 5 servos on their head units. These servos adjusted based on the temperature and the thickness of the disk they were reading. They were virtually skip proof. In fact, some sales people were known to have drilled a few 1/8" holes through the disks and still play them without any skipping or missing thanks to Eclipses error correction algorithm and these servos.

Also, previously they had one of the best CD transports on the market. Now they are using a much, much lower quality DVD transport.

Quality isn't what sells any more. Pretty flashy spinny buzzy boppy things sell.
                        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i did not know that. that sucks! i loved eclipse. well..good thing i ahve a computer now :-)
                          New System in progress:
                          M10k
                          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I'm running an Eclipse 8053 in my vehicle right now.

Great unit

Comment

if it plays CDs and it doesn't fail, I guess that makes it a great unit? not just a good unit?
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X