SQ Tweeters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Tweeters

Need input on what everyone thinks is the best sq tweeter out. Other than the Focal Be....I know it is awesome.

Originally posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    Need input on what everyone thinks is the best sq tweeter out. Other than the Focal Be....I know it is awesome.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82850

but once again: there is no BEST!
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81064

One of the biggest misconceptions out there in the car audio world is that there is ONE best for everything.

This is completely untrue.

I pose, that if you aren't even willing to research, aren't even willing to look any deeper to discover this very basic of facts, that getting the 'best' product will have absolutely no benefit to you.

If you don't know where to place the speaker, or know how to tune your system, or don't have someone near by that can tune it for you, you're just waisting your money.

Read, research, and learn, THEN make an educated decision based on what you find.

Things like location, angle, power, and tuning all play a crucial role in sound quality.

I went with the Be tweeter for a few reasons.

A) I was willing to spend the money
      B) I researched placement and my options in my car
      C) I have individuals near by that know Focal like the back of their hand and have been tuning Focal based systems for years
      D) I understood what I was going after and as such I chose a speaker that matched those needs.
      I could go on, but I think you get the point.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

people just don't seem to get -especially when it comes to SQ- we can't do **** for them because when you take the road on SQ it all depends on your own ears...

and they also don't seem to get, expencive speakers wont matter when your construction of doorboard, enclosure(s) and all that isn't omtimalized.

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

IC-C30 has the right idea....i've gone through hlcd's, component sets, the works....unless you're going to IASCA, just demo as many speakers as you can. i used to go to the stereo shop that used to be here and just listen to customers cars before i figured out what i wanted. THAT SAID....i've never heard anything clearer (i listen to a lot of jazz, mostly NIN though) than a set of Veritas horns.
          ...you know, that guy...

Comment

Don't forget USACi and MECA.

Comment

don't know where you're from, but if it's non-US...don't forget EMMA

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

for me a set of nova tweets did the job. they're realy smooth, good detailed sound and not at all agressive. and pricewise..... awesome! payed like 70bucks for the pair. that's the advantage of not wanting what everybody else has. all my stuff is from pretty much "underdog" brands...

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

Originally posted by che420 View Post
                  IC-C30 has the right idea....i've gone through hlcd's, component sets, the works....unless you're going to IASCA, just demo as many speakers as you can. i used to go to the stereo shop that used to be here and just listen to customers cars before i figured out what i wanted. THAT SAID....i've never heard anything clearer (i listen to a lot of jazz, mostly NIN though) than a set of Veritas horns.

yeah, try out some horns (image dynamics is supposed to have a nice set too...but i've never heard them so i'm just throwing out ideas for you)
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                  Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                  Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I had the image dynamics mini horns (ebay 100 bux) very nice. also Focal, Dynaudio are good too (non hlcd).
                    ...you know, that guy...

Comment

[QUOTE=RedGTiVR6;928774]http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81064

One of the biggest misconceptions out there in the car audio world is that there is ONE best for everything.
                      Some do sound better than other though..don't you agree??? If you don't then why do you use Focal to start with? Gary Biggs wins his class every year using JBL and it is much more inexpensive. But I know..you have partial sponsorship. Anyway..just trying to make my point. You can take a set of Q-Power tweeters and run them off of the same exact amp, tune them how they need to be tuned, and they still will not perform the same as a focal. Materials make a difference in how a speaker will sound and perform.

I pose, that if you aren't even willing to research, aren't even willing to look any deeper to discover this very basic of facts, that getting the 'best' product will have absolutely no benefit to you.
                      I am on here researching right now. Honestly I don't know anyone in Alabama that carries Focal. A handful of stores carry mb quart but only the entry level. I know of one store that carries Boston, the z series, but have it on a display board in the store off a cheap head unit and cheap amp and it sounded like crap. So basically I have to travel hours to just listen to anything, and when I do..it is on a display board not correctly tuned so I have no idea the potential. I am using dynaudio right now and I got to listen to them in a vehicle and i liked the way they sounded so I bought them.

If you don't know where to place the speaker, or know how to tune your system, or don't have someone near by that can tune it for you, you're just waisting your money.
                      I know where to place the speakers. But it doesn't matter where I place my midrange and tweet in the kick panel, the stage is too low on the left side and I want to bring it up a little more. That is my reason for looking into a good set of tweets.

Things like location, angle, power, and tuning all play a crucial role in sound quality.
                      Strangely enough...I have tried all locations in my truck for the midrange and tweet and the best place I have found was by the kick panel facing directly towards me. On the left side and the right side of the truck. They have good off axis response but everything images better when placed there

Comment

Originally posted by xtremekustomz View Post
                        Some do sound better than other though..don't you agree???
                        Of course, there's a reason a light cone and better magnet structure work better.

Gary Biggs wins his class every year using JBL and it is much more inexpensive.
                        ummmm.....it's not like the product in his car is unmolested or anything....

I am on here researching right now. Honestly I don't know anyone in Alabama that carries Focal.
                        http://www.fastsite.com/cgi-bin/vic....=Alabama&Go=Go

So basically I have to travel hours to just listen to anything, and when I do..it is on a display board not correctly tuned so I have no idea the potential.
                        Find a competition, make the drive and ask to listen to some cars. If you're serious about it, making the drive to listen won't be that big of a deal.

The people who posted above have listed off all the major brands. Seeing as how you are already aware of them, I'm a bit confused as to why you would ask for brands then?
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Gary's install also didn't cost over $40,000 either

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                            Gary's install also didn't cost over $40,000 either
                            It shouldn't have. I believe he did all the work himself, other than maybe the paint. And as far as I know he has a full sponsorship from JBL and probably got materials donated from another supplier. I'm sure he has an RTA and does all of his tuning as well. So he really shouldn't have alot of actual money tied up in the car.

Comment

ummmm.....it's not like the product in his car is unmolested or anything....
                              I am sure he has done tremendous tuning in the vehicle. My point is...a good component set will be easier to make sound really good than a cheap one.

I have been to some Hi Fi Buys, actually my cousin works in one in Atlanta but they didn't have the Be or for that matter even the Utopia series. All they had was the polykevlar. I will call up in Hoover tomorrow and see if they have any but I seriously doubt it. I'm planning on going to a football game up there in a few weeks and might check it out anyway though.

Find a competition, make the drive and ask to listen to some cars. If you're serious about it, making the drive to listen won't be that big of a deal.
                              I don't mind making a drive and listening to some things. I just hate to spend a couple hundred dollars to go listen to something though. Plus we are in the middle of football season Gotta be in Tuscaloosa for the Bama games on Saturdays!

The people who posted above have listed off all the major brands. Seeing as how you are already aware of them, I'm a bit confused as to why you would ask for brands then?
                              I know most of the major name brands but basically I was looking for some opinions on what they sound like. I have never listend to any focal in a vehicle, or rainbow. I would LOVE to hear some Be but I know there is no one around that has any.

Comment

Working...
                              X