Powering 06 WRX speakers for carpc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering 06 WRX speakers for carpc

Well I got the computer in and working great. Only issue now is sound.... I have no idea how to connect the pc to the speakers. I have no experience whatsoever on how to do audio work outside connecting wires on my PC speakers and doing aftermarkets headunits in cars. I was told I'd need an amp but I have no idea how they work, what I'd have to get/do as far as connections from the pc to the speakers. As far as my goals in sound- just getting it working is fine. I don't need any incredibly high volume or anything- just having sound is good enough for me. So what should I do? I know I have 4 speakers in the car and that's about it.

Originally posted by EtoS View Post
    Well I got the computer in and working great. Only issue now is sound.... I have no idea how to connect the pc to the speakers. I have no experience whatsoever on how to do audio work outside connecting wires on my PC speakers and doing aftermarkets headunits in cars. I was told I'd need an amp but I have no idea how they work, what I'd have to get/do as far as connections from the pc to the speakers. As far as my goals in sound- just getting it working is fine. I don't need any incredibly high volume or anything- just having sound is good enough for me. So what should I do? I know I have 4 speakers in the car and that's about it.
    That is why the forums have a Search function, and FAQ section.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by EtoS View Post
      any amp will work, use a mini-to-RCA cable -- connect sound card to amps RCA inputs

your concerns are:
      1- remote turn on lead (from pc power supply to amp)
      2- speaker wiring (easiest to wire to the car's original hardware)

this is enough to get you started...
      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Does it matter if it's a 1, 2, or 4 channel amp? I'm doing the exact same thing for my '06 STI - removing the HU and connecting the carpc to the speakers via an amp and a wire harness. I'm not particularly concerned about fade/balance, I just want it to work.

Thanks

Comment

you'll want a 2 or 4 channel amp... if you use a 2 channel the speakers will need to be wired in series or parallel... to determine which way you need to know the power of the amp and the power handling of the speakers... if you are using stock, stick with a 2x50 or so amp and wire in series... if you are using aftermarkets, get an amp that closely matches the power handling of the speakers... manufacturers have recommendations for power for a speaker, see crutchfield.com...
          EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Working...
          X