Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom 3 way fronts...

will they fit in the doors?

also, whats the best active crossovers available? I was going to make my own, but premade is probably a better idea considering the work its going to take to get these into the doors!!!

are you going fully acitve? an amp for each of those? or an active/passive x-over with the mids and tweets on one amp and the bass on another amp?

also, have considered putting the mid (and tweets?) in a kick pod?
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
      are you going fully acitve? an amp for each of those? or an active/passive x-over with the mids and tweets on one amp and the bass on another amp?
      I was considering doing passive to the mid/tweet, but I was going to use 2 4 channel amps to the fronts anyway, with two channels bridged to each 8inch woofer.

so, I may as well do fully active, as that will leave me with two more amp channels per side, capable of about 90watts rms.

plus, full active will make it alot easier to setup.

Comment

i was very happy with my audiocontrol 24xs, that wont work for you but i'd say stick with audiocontrol. they've been proven in competitions. If you ahve the money i'd suggest using the alpine pxa-h701 though. I believe it can be set up to x-over to your requiremnts plus you'll get the 1/3 octave 31 band eq, plus digital input and oodles of other nifty things
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I'm seriously considering just making this:

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30278/article.html

its pretty much what I need, and I can use the gain controls on the amplifiers to adjust the seperate speaker volumes and whatever...

Comment

Working...
          X