Head Unit coupled with an Amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Unit coupled with an Amp

Okay well I'm looking into buying a car pc system. I want the looks of the new double din screen from dww the 6500. Anyways I've pretty much accepted the fact that the built in amplifier on that screen is going to suck and I'm wondering if I hook it up to an external amp will it sound better or not. As in audio from car pc to the head unit and then to the amp. Will the sound quality be degraded at the head unit or will it just pass through the sound without modifying it if i use the preamp outputs.

Thanks,
    Chris

Link of the 6500

Has anyone used this unit yet? does it work well with street deck?

Comment

Originally posted by garto View Post
      Okay well I'm looking into buying a car pc system. I want the looks of the new double din screen from dww the 6500. Anyways I've pretty much accepted the fact that the built in amplifier on that screen is going to suck and I'm wondering if I hook it up to an external amp will it sound better or not. As in audio from car pc to the head unit and then to the amp. Will the sound quality be degraded at the head unit or will it just pass through the sound without modifying it if i use the preamp outputs.
      If you were to use an amplifier of comparable quality, then the audio output would be similar. If you used a lower-quality amplifier, then the audio quality would be worse. However if you used a better quality amplifer, then it would sound better.

I don't believe that unit has pre-amp outputs. There's nothing in the specs about it and nothing in the photos indicates pre-amp outs.

The only thinkg that I would question is whether or not the radio would be able to be used if you bypass the amplifier on that unit.

Originally posted by Mickelsons View Post
      Has anyone used this unit yet? does it work well with street deck?
      It would work just fine.
      It's just another piece of PC hardware. In this case, it's a 6.5" touchscreen and DVD drive.
      And I don't think anyone has actually used one yet because the unit is brand new. Buy one, install it, then write a review so others can benefit from your experience with this product.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I may do that I am a little bit away from getting my system up and running, and am still trying to decide which way to go.

Comment

Working...
        X