No announcement yet.

2 3.5 MM Audio to single 3.5 MM to HU??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 3.5 MM Audio to single 3.5 MM to HU??

alright. i got an ipod and a phone that i need to connect to my head unit. will a 2 Female 3.5 MM adapter to single Male 3.5 MM to HU work? i worn out so hopefully i will know if it works. HELP!
    Carputer on the Build [==========] 0% (thats sad)

Mazda Protege5

What're you trying to do exactly? Hook BOTH an iPod audio output and a 'phone' to the aux in of your radio?

You probably don't want to do BOTH connected at once. You'll only ever listen to one or the other at any given time.

Comment

just a thought but maybe he is trying to have them both hooked up so he can switch between them by turning either device off? perhaps using his speakers as an output for his cellphone and can thus pause his ipod if someone calls...this way he wouldn't have to keep plugging and unplugging stuff while driving! but again...just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by AznArkitekt View Post
        just a thought but maybe he is trying to have them both hooked up so he can switch between them by turning either device off? perhaps using his speakers as an output for his cellphone and can thus pause his ipod if someone calls...this way he wouldn't have to keep plugging and unplugging stuff while driving! but again...just a thought.
        exactly. im wondering if the signal will feed through. or if i need some special adapter or juat a regular adapter,

Mazda Protege5

Comment

Chances are that the extra impedence from the wire to the non-powered device will destroy the output voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
            Chances are that the extra impedence from the wire to the non-powered device will destroy the output voltage.
            in other words it wont work?! come on theres got to be a way to have to different 3.5 MM Imputs connected througha a single 3.5 MM to HU

Mazda Protege5

Comment

What about a passive audio mixer.
              http://www.wintektx.com/extras/making.htm
              My Jeep Liberty Install

Comment

Originally posted by billforde View Post
                What about a passive audio mixer.
                http://www.wintektx.com/extras/making.htm
                thats taking it a tad bit extreme... lol adapter should do right? anyone hav ever tried this?!

Mazda Protege5

Comment

Mixer is the best way, but Shadow is right. Chances are having both devices on the same 'line' is probably going to make either one much quieter, and thus make you need to crank your stereo up more than you're willing to.

What kind of phone do you have that it has a 3.5mm jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Jahntassa View Post
                    Mixer is the best way, but Shadow is right. Chances are having both devices on the same 'line' is probably going to make either one much quieter, and thus make you need to crank your stereo up more than you're willing to.

What kind of phone do you have that it has a 3.5mm jack?
                    alittle more complicated than that.
                    Motorola Q -2.5 MM adapter with Answer and call button with Female to 3.5 MM- from there i need it to go to my HU. with a 3.5 MM male to RCA left and right. the ipod currently connects via the 3.5 MM cable to the HU

Mazda Protege5

Comment

I would have said you could just try it (it should be fine, but an iPod and Q are expensive items). I like the passive mixer design, it's not that hard to scale down to just two inputs to 1 output. It looks complicated, but it's really simple really.

The diagram looks a little confusing, just ignore the things in parenthesis, i.e.: (Left Stereo Patch cable). All grounds are shared, it's just each input signal has a 4.7k resistor before it's shared to a common output. For your purpose, just look at the diagram for L/R input 2 and 3, the shared ground, and forget the rest.

91 Stealth RT/TT
                      CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                      Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
                      Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Originally posted by Vineet Singh View Post
                        I would have said you could just try it (it should be fine, but an iPod and Q are expensive items). I like the passive mixer design, it's not that hard to scale down to just two inputs to 1 output. It looks complicated, but it's really simple really.

The diagram looks a little confusing, just ignore the things in parenthesis, i.e.: (Left Stereo Patch cable). All grounds are shared, it's just each input signal has a 4.7k resistor before it's shared to a common output. For your purpose, just look at the diagram for L/R input 2 and 3, the shared ground, and forget the rest.
                        hmm i agree... alright i will make it. give you guys and update later... thanks again plus i got to think of my turbo next and if i can't build this i might as well forget the turbo.

Mazda Protege5

Comment

We turbocharged a brand new 05' Miata for a friend for $600... but that was because I donated a lot of garage junk to said friend... And he proceeded to ruin a spare turbo before it even touched his car, lol (hit the exhaust housing off with a hammer instead of just breaking it slightly loose, and removing like a sane person).

What were you going to do? All custom? kit? What about engine management? We stuck some slightly bigger injectors in there, and ran 5psi of boost, nothing fancy. Tried to get the SAFC to work, but the 03+'s ECU's are tricky, and can't be fooled by (cheap) mere mortals. I remember something called a voodoo box.

91 Stealth RT/TT
                          CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
                          Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Vineet Singh View Post
                            We turbocharged a brand new 05' Miata for a friend for $600... but that was because I donated a lot of garage junk to said friend... And he proceeded to ruin a spare turbo before it even touched his car, lol (hit the exhaust housing off with a hammer instead of just breaking it slightly loose, and removing like a sane person).

What were you going to do? All custom? kit? What about engine management? We stuck some slightly bigger injectors in there, and ran 5psi of boost, nothing fancy. Tried to get the SAFC to work, but the 03+'s ECU's are tricky, and can't be fooled by (cheap) mere mortals. I remember something called a voodoo box.
                            hiboost, is the company that is building the kit for me. i know the owners. and they are right here in FL so they are also installing it for me. going to run 8 PSI so i should be doing about 225 WHP, my only real problem is the tranny, i need to find and upgrade. and BTW i have auto... ok ok laugh at me now.

Mazda Protege5

Comment

My 700hp+ race/show car is auto

Built by level 10 transmissions, with 3500rpm stall torque converters. I also run the at-dsm site, for talons/eclipse/lasers. Not laughing

Keep us posted if that line-in thing works out. I have a use for it I think!

91 Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Working...
                              X