Alpine cda-7940 Ipod hook up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine cda-7940 Ipod hook up

While at my local Apine dealer they were on this forum and found a post where someone had integrated the Ai-Net to RCA adapter to work on the 7940 making it possible to hook up an Ipod or other MP3 player up.

I searched, but couldn't find anything. If anyone has any info they could share, or a direction to point me in, I would greatly appreicate it.

I found this post, but I am not sure what type of switch he is talking about in step 6.

"""After talking with Alpine tech support, it seems that Alpine HU's that have a setting on the menu to turn the MUTE funtion off, should be able to use the KCA-121B AiNet-RCA adapter to get an AUX input without a CD Changer. The guy on the phone told me that it depends on the model of head unit. If you have the AUDIO MUTE function on your unit and you can turn it off in the menu, you CAN use the adapter. Thank GOD! I was cringing at the thought of using an RF modulator, or having to shell out some $$ for a crossover. Basically, all you have to do is this:

1) connect the external source to the adapter
    2) connect the adapter to the AiNet port on the HU
    3) turn OFF the MUTE function on the unit
    4) find the pink/black audio mute lead (or whatever color yours is)
    5) install a switch that switches a ground to the mute lead.""

i think all alpine radios that have the ainet cd changer port on the back will work with the ka-55u(dont quote me on the part number ) just go to the set up menue and turn on the aux feature and get a rca male to phono plug and connect that to the ainet --- to rca adapter plug that in to the radio and then plug in your ipod to the phono plug

hell i think i have an extra adapter if you want it

chad

Comment

moved from the FAQ.

The FAQ emporium is reserved for just that, answers to frequently asked questions

Your post has nothing to do with that.

Since you're new, I'm hoping we'll all go easy on you, however, please be more aware of your surroundings and watch where you post next time.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker92 View Post
        i think all alpine radios that have the ainet cd changer port on the back will work with the ka-55u(dont quote me on the part number ) just go to the set up menue and turn on the aux feature and get a rca male to phono plug and connect that to the ainet --- to rca adapter plug that in to the radio and then plug in your ipod to the phono plug

hell i think i have an extra adapter if you want it

chad
        I have that adapter, but the player doesn't recognise there is an aux plugged into that plug. It knows when I have my changer plugged into that plug, but not that.

In the post I quoted, he talks about putting a switch to ground that mute lead. What kind of switch would I use? Would I just flip the switch when I wanted to have the aux working? The adapter works on my cda-9815 which I have in another car, but I'd like to keep this other unit in this current car as well. I appreciate any help you guys have to give. Thank you.

Comment

I had the same problem with an old headunit. I don't know the model #, it is a cassette. I don't have any menu item indicating aux features as suggested by tracker92, but I do have the muting one.
          Here it is how I solved it:

First connect your CD charger on the headunit using the AInet cable. Then, after the headunit recognized it, detach the charger and plug the aux adapter without turning the headunit off.

This method has two major drawbacks:
          If you change the source (i.e. you switch to "FM1") you'll have to do it again.
          If you detach the battery or detach the headunit, well, you'll have to do it again.

Minor drawback:
          The screen of the unit does not display any source name.

Did the mute lead switch work? I'd be interested in trying it. Can you post more info?

Max

Comment

Working...
          X