speaker wiring question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker wiring question

i just set up my carpc and im trying to get all the speakers set up. i have 2 front speakers and a sub. My amp is a us amp 4300x which has 4 channels. i bridged the rear 2 channels for the sub and im using the front 2 channels for the front 2 speakers. on my sound card(soundblaster live 5.1) i plugged in the front 2 speakers in the line out jack and the sub into the analog/digital out jack. it doesnt really sound right though. seems like i hear more bass from the front speakers than the sub. do i have this wired right? or do i have to mess with the settings on my software? thanks btw i am very new to anything car audio related and this is the first time i have ever messed with this kind of stuff. thanks

chances are the sound card isn't putting a signal out of the analog and digital outputs at the same time

does your amp have a 2/4 channel switch to allow the rear inputs to feed off of the fronts signal? If so, unplug the rear rcas and flip the switch and see if you notice a difference.

Have you adjusted crossovers for this amp at all? Have you gone into the settings on the sound card to tell it what outputs to use?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
      chances are the sound card isn't putting a signal out of the analog and digital outputs at the same time

does your amp have a 2/4 channel switch to allow the rear inputs to feed off of the fronts signal? If so, unplug the rear rcas and flip the switch and see if you notice a difference.

Have you adjusted crossovers for this amp at all? Have you gone into the settings on the sound card to tell it what outputs to use?
      the sub is doing something, but not much. there is a 2/4 channel switch on the amp, i have it set to 4, then another switch i have set to front high/rear low, i wetn into the settings for the sound card but i did not see any settings to tell it what outputs to use.

Comment

Is this the card that you are using?

http://www.soundblaster.com/products...ct=10702&nav=1

You're not going to be getting an equal signal out of both outputs on that card. Usually these cards are not designed to put a signal out of the analog and the digital ports at the same time. Not to mention, how are you turning that digital tos-link signal into an analog signal?
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          Is this the card that you are using?

http://www.soundblaster.com/products...ct=10702&nav=1

You're not going to be getting an equal signal out of both outputs on that card. Usually these cards are not designed to put a signal out of the analog and the digital ports at the same time. Not to mention, how are you turning that digital tos-link signal into an analog signal?
          no my card isnt an external card. and like i said theres a line out port and a analog/digital line out port so i think you can plug in either. i just went by the instructions for the sound card, it said i can plug speakers into the line out and the analog/digital line out can be used for a center speaker or subwoofer. but if this isnt the right way, what do you suggest i do?

Comment

cmon my car nees your help

Comment

is your amp wired for low pass on the rear channel lead? That's the easiest fix. Possibly the amp sees that it's trying to cross over highlevel only and the input you're giving it is only low freq.

Comment

oh, btw, that's the sound card i'm using right now on my PC

Comment

Working...
                X