input voltage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input voltage

this thread has to do with both car audio and carpc's so i figured i'd post here..

What i'm wondering is with a car pc, say i have a 5.1 soudn car and use the headphone-size jack to rca cable to output to my amps... what kind of voltage will i be getting? will it be enough? Or is the general best thing to do is get a decent external card? i'm hoping to shoot for somewhere int he area of 3-5v?

I ask here because somewhere on this forum a member lurks who is a member of team focal who uses a car pc.. i'ms ure she can help!

thanks..

and before anyone tries to ask me, no, i sure didn't search first. thats just how my day has gone.

'she' uses an alpine pxa-h701
    some pro cards have ~>2+ vrms. consumer cards generally have ~<2vrms

another option is a dac. read the stickies
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

ok thanks.. jsut what i wanted to know :>

so basically i'm looking at a dac.. im already on a limited budget, i'm pretty sure i can't afford that alpine unit or probably something simular. but yeah, 3-4 volts would be pretty nice. i probably won't be competing on the same level, but i do want to try a little bass race and what ever comes my way when i get this install going.

edit: oh, and on another thing.. i'm going to need outputs for my subwoofer amplifier and outputs to my other amp for the components.. will probably be staying passive.

Comment

there are a bunch of options, but since you're on a limited budget and not a moron like me :-) ...i suggest finding someone that has a system that works an mimic that.
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

So heres a question, i know there is some device that you can buy and put on your RCA's, i belive it is a LOC that does it but i could be wrong; anytway, it increases the voltage. I know some EQ's have them built in, but i'd like to avoid the eq route if possible because i don't know much about that anyway.. anyone know what i'm talking about? lol.

I do know that with whatever i'mt alking about, i belive you have a geater chance of getting noise and possibly even clipping/bad signals? If anyone knows what i'm talking about, is this correct? I'm not liking some of the reviews on that silverstone. I'm thinking of just getting a decent sound card with 2.1 or something in combination with somethign to raisethe voltage. that is, assuming i won't loose much SQ, and deffinitely, not add any noise...

Comment

Working...
          X