question about sound cards and amps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about sound cards and amps

i have a car pc setup now but i am wondering what i am going to do about the audio protion of the setup. I was thinking about just just the standard jack out of the MB but then i didnt know what to do about the subwoofer portion.

can anyone give be a heads up on the issue of multi amp configuration.

what i want to do:

Car pc
    two amps:
    4 channel amp for speakers
    mono amp for subwoofers

somewhere along the line theres a soundcard probably external since my case doesnt have room for an internal one.

thanks again for help, since this probably has been covered before!

this has been covered before, but I'm sure all the threads are probably lost in the mix.

Get an external sound card with multiple outputs and you should be good to go.

There are a lot of alternatives as well...just depends on how serious you want to get with it and how much money you want to spend on it.

Also, what motherboard are you running?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for exteranl soundcards.
      System always under construction

Comment

still waking up, not thinking thoroughly yet....:P
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Depends on the MB some support 5.1 outputs and via the driver software you can configure the line in, line out, microphone and speaker out jacks on the MB to provide front, rear and sub outputs. If your MB does not support this the an external USB sound card will be needed. Or if you have spdif out then you can go high end and use and external DAC and go digital.
          Bumping at 157.2 DB no one can hear you scream!

Comment

what pnevai said is what I was referring to with the other options and why I asked about the motherboard.

One option if you are willing to go high end is the Alpine processor (PXA-H701), it does everything you could possibly want.
            Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              what pnevai said is what I was referring to with the other options and why I asked about the motherboard.

One option if you are willing to go high end is the Alpine processor (PXA-H701), it does everything you could possibly want.
              Isn't it cheaper to go with the proper software? Will be more cost-effective, I think....
              Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
              CLARION HX-D2
              CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
              CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
              CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

possibly, but the proper software hasn't yet been determined.

Sure, Durwood and I are testing some stuff out, but it's all far from diffinitive.

Not to mention, it's not exactly easy to use...lol
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                X