Canton Pullman 4"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canton Pullman 4"

Have any of you guys ever used this midrange? It is from the mid to late 90's. I've looked EVERYWHERE for some info on it and can't find anything. Well at least not anything that I can read. I would like to know what frequency range it plays in and wattage. I would really like to run it from 140-6000 but I don't know if it can. If not I've gotta get something else SOON. Thanks for any help

just give it a shot.

why not?

did it come from a 3-way set-up?

can you read german?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Here a link to their site.

http://www.canton.de/en-produktinformationen.htm

The earliest product info is 03-04 but it does have the 4" driver. The 05-06 .pdf shows the driver as 100w and 48Hz up.

I know that info is 5-10 years newer but they may not have changed the driver too much. Is your driver aluminum?

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        just give it a shot.

why not?

did it come from a 3-way set-up?

can you read german?
        I am working with it right now. It came in a 3 way setup and no, I can't read German. It tells me the wattage for the whole component set but not individual speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by slipstream View Post
          Here a link to their site.

http://www.canton.de/en-produktinformationen.htm

The earliest product info is 03-04 but it does have the 4" driver. The 05-06 .pdf shows the driver as 100w and 48Hz up.

I know that info is 5-10 years newer but they may not have changed the driver too much. Is your driver aluminum?
          They changed the driver alot. It is not aluminum. The company has changed hands since this stuff was out. A guy I know tells me that it is kinda like the old MB Quart stuff. It actually does really well though. I have been playing around with it in different locations and I will be using it.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremekustomz View Post
            I am working with it right now. It came in a 3 way setup and no, I can't read German. It tells me the wattage for the whole component set but not individual speakers.
            well, as long as you're not going insane or severely under powering it, I don't think there will be a problem at all.

the frequency response....just tune, it either sounds good where you have it or it doesn't....just have to play with it to see!
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
              well, as long as you're not going insane or severely under powering it, I don't think there will be a problem at all.

the frequency response....just tune, it either sounds good where you have it or it doesn't....just have to play with it to see!
              Well I will definately have the power. I've got them positioned where they need to be to get a good height and all. I've still gotta work with the tweeters as well. I'm waiting on my adapter to use on my w200 so I can actually get into the menu for the H701.

Comment

Working...
              X