Pioneer AVIC-D2 Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer AVIC-D2 Question?

I have the Pioneer AVIC-D2 unit in my truck. I also have the Ipod interface w/cable for hooking up an Ipod . I want to hook up a hard drive and use it like a Ipod and use the interface so I can control it through the touch screen. Can this be done? any help?

Originally posted by lcdnoob View Post
    I have the Pioneer AVIC-D2 unit in my truck. I also have the Ipod interface w/cable for hooking up an Ipod . I want to hook up a hard drive and use it like a Ipod and use the interface so I can control it through the touch screen. Can this be done? any help?
    Have you tried asking this at an AVIC or Pioneer forum. This site if for carputers, and none of what you are asking about qualifies as a carputer.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Also, no, probably not. Pioneer makes a seperate USB interface but it only works with Thumbdrives and not full-on harddrives.

Comment

If it works with thumbdrives, then it should work with a hard drive with a USB cable, shouldn't it?

Try avic411.com. They would probably know.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofa View Post
          If it works with thumbdrives, then it should work with a hard drive with a USB cable, shouldn't it?
          Not necessarily. Most headunits with a USB port can't address more than a certain amount of storage, usually a couple of gigabytes, from what I understand.

There is a line of headunits (Alpine, IIRC) that have an add-on that will allow you to connect a USB storage device of any size...
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
          X