Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am look for the user who did this(c701)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am look for the user who did this(c701)

I am looking for the user who did this

i tried searching i spent about an hour looking for it i could not find the thread, i wanted to talk to the guy who did this, cause i just bought the h701 controller aka c701. and i have the same ride.

if someone can just point me to the thread or give me his user name thats all i ask, lock thread afterwards
    screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

Sorry to hijack..

If that was done by creating a new cable to fit between the fascia and brain, I'm looking to do something very similar with my 7990, but can't source the connectors anywhere, nor can I find a real part number for them... if anyone's able to help, I'm all ears

Thanks

Mark

Comment

most people just solder some ribbon cable to each terminal.
      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

This guy did it with a slot load DVD player:
        http://www.mobile-effects.com/content-22.html

yeah, it's pretty easy to do with a head unit. Just use a short run of cat5 to solder the leads. I would suggest looking around the Inet and researching if your specific head unit works well with this.
        (Some have power requirements, aren't good with long runs of cat5, etc...)
        www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Thanks guys, but the 7990 is a $2000 headunit which I have no intention of risking damaging, hence wanting to create a lead with the correct connectors on either end.. that way if I ever decide to sell it, the extra lead becomes a bonus with the sale rather than a hinderance. I've seen it done with F#1 kit before, so know it's possible.. I just need to find the correct connectors.

I realised after posting up here that the C701 connects via cable to the H701, rather than being mounted directly to it, so I doubt the person that did it will know what I'm on about.

Thanks anyway

Mark

Comment

So is my thread no longer hijacked?...

I really don't care if you hijack it, but I'd like an answer to my post first.

Comment

bump

Comment

the controller comes with an extension cable...not need to extend anywires... bump :-)
                New System in progress:
                M10k
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx View Post
                  the controller comes with an extension cable...not need to extend anywires... bump :-)
                  i know that but id still like to track this guy

Comment

ok i found the thread where the pics is, but its not from this forum the guy

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...9&postcount=45

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...mote+faceplate

Comment

Hey, I found this site: http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=40
                      It may be the guy that did that... If its not, it is almost exactly the same! I know his stuff has been linked to on the forums. Hope this helps!

Comment

can I ask what you are looking to ask the guy?

Maybe we can help you figure it out?
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Macura View Post
                          Hey, I found this site: http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=40
                          It may be the guy that did that... If its not, it is almost exactly the same! I know his stuff has been linked to on the forums. Hope this helps!
                          wrong ride

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                          can I ask what you are looking to ask the guy?

Maybe we can help you figure it out?
                          Trying to figure what exactly he did on fabricating that. i have the same ride

honda accord 6th gen

Comment

it looks fairly simple. However, I don't know what the stock piece looks like. You could probably just secure the bucket to the stock piece and mold to it. Drill a hole out back and run the wire.

Bondo would probably do a good job for you...that and some duraglass for some strength. Just rough up the surface before you start to mold to it.
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                              it looks fairly simple. However, I don't know what the stock piece looks like. You could probably just secure the bucket to the stock piece and mold to it. Drill a hole out back and run the wire.

Bondo would probably do a good job for you...that and some duraglass for some strength. Just rough up the surface before you start to mold to it.
                              Bondo is garbage, just to let you know. it shrinks, not easy to sand poor quaility.
                              RAGE GOLD or Extreme is what i use.

Also just a tip: if you dont have duraglass theres a trick you can do, you get some cheap bondo kitty hair and mix it with some RAGE bodyfiller,gold or extreme prefered, and you get duraglass mixture almost. neat trick.

im sure it will be easy to mold but i wanted to know if he/she has his/hers where it can still fold up and hide, and how they ran the ai net cable(i think thats what the cable is called)

Comment

Working...
                              X